Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm a Lincoln guy and I know there are about a dozen Smarts in town. I'd like to see a chapter, but I'm not seeing responses.
Anyone else out there???

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is someone on the msart insder forum looking to do a rally in November.

I had asked for a Nebraska chapter and I thought we would get one. I obviously need to follow up.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nebraska Chapter

I am out of ideas as to how to get a chapter, I have e-mailed the system admin and left a few threads, for some reason I am being ignored.

Can someone please set up a chapter for us

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Omaha Meet and Greet 11/22/2008

As found on the Smart USA insider. We are starting at the SAC Museum near Mahoney at 10:30, lunch is being provided by Smart of LaVista and end up at Heartland Park Downtown at 2:00. They are requesting a can of food for the Omaha food bank.

If you don't want to RSVP on smart usa insider let me knwo and I will carry over the reservations. If the weather cooperates it should be a good time.

Abbe

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi,
I'm a new Smart* owner from Lincoln and just recently discovered this forum. Has there been any progress on starting a Nebraska chapter?

*White '09- the fast one :cool:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There are a few groups on the smart insider web site. Other then the rally last November there has not been any type of activities.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lincoln's Star City Parade is on Dec 5 this year. 15 cars from one group max. $225 entry.Do you all think we can get enough folks together. Deadline for apps is Sept 18. Possibly LaVista Smart Center would like to help with the Entry and organization.
Sounds fun and a great way to show off the "little guys".

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
KC group would love to have you Nebraskans join us in Sept in Iowa

I'm presently in KC, but my mother's family came largely from Nebraska. One great great grandfather founded Diller in 1880. Another ran THE mercantile store in Columbus, and my gramps traveled all around the state opening stores in the 20s and 30s. Mom and uncle graduated from Technical High School in Omaha before Chicago Art Institute and the Navy Academy.

In my travels around your state, I've met other smart owners in Central City, Beatrice, Lincoln, Kearney, Osceola and several in Omaha. Obviously, you need a group to at least exchange recipes!

Cheers, Bob in KCMO

1 - 14 of 14 Posts