Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am installing a blue led overhead for dim cabin light

i need a 5mm led holder (black plastic). i have gone to a huge surplus store...none. gone to radio shack....none. gone on ebay...none. gone on amazon....none. I wasn't interested in buying 50 of them just one.

can anyone find me just one and let me know how much to send you?

thanks guys

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
was in radio shck sat and the guy said they didn't have them. i just called the same store with a cat# and and he says they have them. i hope that guy is there when i go pick it up....

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
At least you have a Radio Shack around. I believe they have all closed down up here except for one in Owatonna, about 75 miles away. You could always go the online ordering route.

I get most of my stuff from Digikey.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Used to drive me nuts when I could walk in Radio Shack and know more about their stuff than the employee did but the employee would insist on helping me. But just be thankful you still have a Radio Shack bear by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Radio Shack's website usually has a stock status on items in store, at least last time I bought something from them, but that was a while ago....

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys. i called them and they had them in stock but had to buy a pkg of five. so if anyone needs one i have four extra now.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
That's not bad, actually that's great pricing. (At least they didn't try to charge you like $2 for one or something like that!)

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Just realized I'm in your LED thread and not in the button bank clip one! Totally wrong thread!!!! A dealer asking you to buy 5 clips didn't make any sense.....

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
Not too uncommon to have things packaged in multiples and it never hurts to have a spare. I usually buy 10 of the plastic clips for the rocker covers and use maybe two or three.

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,075 Posts
$4.95 for the pack of five
Here is what I bought.
10 x 5mm Blue/Red/White/Yellow 12V Pre-Wired Clear Bulb Leds Light+Plastic Shell | eBay

You're gonna need more because as soon as you add one, you're gonna like it and then you'll want more.

10pcs T10 W5W 194 168 501 LED WEDGE Side Dash CAR LIGHT BULBS LAMPS- Blue | eBay

I also use alot of these. I just solder wires to the leads.

I don't always use the holders. You can drill a 3/16 inch hole, put a minscule amount of super glue on the LED and slide it into the hole.

By the way, if you are putting an LED above the tiny vent in oyur headliner, wouldn't you want 2 since there are 2 vents?

For that I used this type of LED. DCO

1 - 17 of 17 Posts