Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It does not have to run or even be complete. Under a thousand, a few hundred dollars at most, sorry. I am open to suggestions for payment and procurement. I am a fabricator by trade. I have hit a wall with results. Car auctions like Copart charge over $400 in fees and require a $400 refundable deposit. Before you have the vehicle you are up $800. I am located in Maine and will drive to South Western Pennsylvania if I have to. I am going to overhaul a couple and getting the car is the most difficult part.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What part of the car do you need?
The whole thing I believe. The more the better. I will be retrofitting and heavily modifying most of them. The more that is there to start the better idea I will have on where things go and how they attach. See my post Custom Smart fleet for more specifics.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
I have been trying but they really are not that popular around here. I can't think of anywhere specific to check either.
just do a search for salvage smart cars. I just did this search....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have seen several car auctions before. That is where I got my current smart. Unfortunately they charge $400 in auction fees and have a mandatory $400 refundable deposit. Before you even get the vehicle you are out $800. I even tried to see if I could get a deal on buying two or three at a time, hard no. Auction fees for every vehicle. Thank you though.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I put a 450 Chassis in the For Sale forum. Let me know if this is something you'd be interested in. Thanks Dan T.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am definitely interested. However I have two I am working on now, along with several other builds. How much of the frame, and how much for it? Just the safety call or bits and pieces with it? Honestly just the frame (with the "tridon safety cell") would be great for the more exotic builds. I just dont have space right now. I will definitely keep you in mind because I will need it.
I put a 450 Chassis in the For Sale forum. Let me know if this is something you'd be interested in. Thanks Dan T.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts