Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It does not have to run or even be complete. Under a thousand, a few hundred dollars at most, sorry. I am open to suggestions for payment and procurement. I am a fabricator by trade. I have hit a wall with results. Car auctions like Copart charge over $400 in fees and require a $400 refundable deposit. Before you have the vehicle you are up $800. I am located in Maine and will drive to South Western Pennsylvania if I have to. I am going to overhaul a couple and getting the car is the most difficult part.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What part of the car do you need?
The whole thing I believe. The more the better. I will be retrofitting and heavily modifying most of them. The more that is there to start the better idea I will have on where things go and how they attach. See my post Custom Smart fleet for more specifics.

·
Registered
7,074 Posts
I have been trying but they really are not that popular around here. I can't think of anywhere specific to check either.
just do a search for salvage smart cars. I just did this search....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have seen several car auctions before. That is where I got my current smart. Unfortunately they charge $400 in auction fees and have a mandatory $400 refundable deposit. Before you even get the vehicle you are out $800. I even tried to see if I could get a deal on buying two or three at a time, hard no. Auction fees for every vehicle. Thank you though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts