Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past four or five years I've been asked to put together a display of Mercedes automobiles. Last year for the first time I added a Smart car to the display. I'm looking for a Smart car to display this year. If any of you are in the Myrtle Beach area and are interested, please respond and I'll give you more details. The date is October 11. This is a display only and not a judged show. We get great parking spots, free T shirts, VIP passes and free food and drink all day. We only have about ten cars from the 50's to present day.

Len

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
You probably already know this?

But, closest dealer is 88 miles away?

smart center charleston
1511 SAVANNAH HIGHWAY
CHARLESTON, SC 29407

You could also contact the mothership (smartusa HQ) in Montvale, NJ?

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking for an owner driven Smart car. I have Mercedes cars from the 50's to present day. All are privately owned. The dealership in Charleston has not been the most responsive to previous contacts and I'd rather just have an owner come, display his/her car and enjoy the day with us.

Len

·
Premium Member
7,592 Posts
I thought there were quite a few smarts in SC; maybe not..... :confused:
A reasonable number of smarts in The Carolinas but SCoA doesn't have the "reach" it had back in 2008 - 09.

Currently online there are 15 (of 46,082) members and 379 guests on the Forum and probably only 20ish of that 400 are owners. :shrug:

Note, Len's comment of "The dealership in Charleston has not been the most responsive to previous contacts" speaks volumes of what is wrong with smart . . .

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got a call last night and now I have a second Smart, a 2009 coupe. So I've got the Smarts I need.

Len

·
Registered
197 Posts
I missed this year's NMB Oktoberfest, was actually flying to Munich, Germany on the 11th, but would have loved to have been in the show. I live part time in NMB and part time in VaB. I have an 08 pure and the back is red, white and green (the colors of Italy) with tags ASTUTO (Italian for smart). Maybe next year I can be in the show.

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I missed this year's NMB Oktoberfest, was actually flying to Munich, Germany on the 11th, but would have loved to have been in the show. I live part time in NMB and part time in VaB. I have an 08 pure and the back is red, white and green (the colors of Italy) with tags ASTUTO (Italian for smart). Maybe next year I can be in the show.
Sent you a note about this year's Oktoberfest to your private e-mail. Will you be around to join us on October 11?

Len

1 - 14 of 14 Posts