Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,091 Posts
I finally found my SRS module thanks to JWight. It is under the middle of the dash underneath the radio and behind the button bank. The SRS module keeps sending me error code B1222 Component driver seatbelt buckle has a short circuit to ground. I replaced the buckle with a brand new one and still no change. So I have been trying to trace the wires coming from the buckle and also from the seat belt tensioner. Got the 2 large connectors unplugged from the SRS module. Having trouble locating the wires I need to test. There's 2 from the buckle is Lt.Green with Purple tracer and Black with orange tracer. The seat belt tensioner is red with black tracer and yellow with black tracer. Used my "fox and hound" to tone out the wires but the 2 from the tensioner appear to go back to behind the driver kick panel in the cargo are and the 2 from the buckle go into the Main trunk of the wiring harness from console (floor tunnel) to up under the dash. Tried to use my "Fox and Hound" to tone out the wires, but since there is many wires on this bundle and it's so tight where the bundle is ran to I haven't been able to trace them successfully.

So does anyone have a copy of the wiring diagram for the 451? In particular the SRS circuit or any of the interior wiring? Or maybe even the pin out for the SRS module? I have not been able to find a diagram on Evilution or on the internet. I have a PDF copy of the 2008 Smart Fortwo Tech manual. It shows where all the modules are and even their model designations but no wiring. You could PM me here or send it to my e-mail address: [email protected] Thank you. Lonnie (DCO)

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I’d disconnect the 12 V ground, then reconnect it, first. It’s amazing what a reboot can do for a computer sometimes....

jwight, do they still have wiring diagrams on ALLDATA for Smarts?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I've never seen a smart wiring diagram for our 2011 on ALLDATAdiy.com :)

I have purchased CD-ROM repair manuals from Mercedes, the same manual was then published for free on www.startekinfo.com, (the Mercedes equivalent of smarttekinfo). After I don’t know maybe 15 years I finally realized there was a substantial portion missing that I actually need to fix my mother’s W201 ‘92 190E, even what I purchased was poor quality wiring (even more illegible) compared to the free one. I decided to ask on benzworld if anyone knew if the electrical wiring diagrams were on ALLDATA and someone had a copy, found it for my car, and posted it!!!

Thanks for the (quick) heads up! That sucks! I’m assuming smarttekinfo is still $60/day, (or discounted for multi-day subscriptions)....

·
Super Moderator
29,363 Posts
The full ALLDATA site (for commercial shops) may have wiring diagrams - I don't know. The "diy" version doesn't, at least for our car. :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
So does anyone have a copy of the wiring diagram for the 451? In particular the SRS circuit or any of the interior wiring? Or maybe even the pin out for the SRS module? I have not been able to find a diagram on Evilution or on the internet. I have a PDF copy of the 2008 Smart Fortwo Tech manual. It shows where all the modules are and even their model designations but no wiring. You could PM me here or send it to my e-mail address: [email protected] Thank you. Lonnie (DCO)

I sent you a wiring diagram for the SRS, let me know if you do not get it or are unable to open the file.

~toaster

1 - 6 of 6 Posts