Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. We hit a deer! OMG We need a passenger side blue metal flake fender. Is there any chance that someone knows where to get one. It seems to be really hard to find parts now. Maybe we should just buy another one, and keep it for a parts warehouse! Thanks

·
Super Moderator
28,292 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to SCoA! :)

Check these guys out: https://www.autobahnsmart.com/body Including shipping, it might be more expensive than from a dealer so worth checking there also. Pretty good discount from this online source: https://www.mbonlineparts.com/v-2009-smart-fortwo--passion-cabrio--1-0l-l3-gas/body--fender-and-components. Not seeing your color so you have to add the cost of painting as well.
Thanks - I have checked with dealers. They won't ship. So, we may just have to pack a lunch and drive to Chicago! Not my favorite place to go. I found one guy who has three of them, and he charges close to $600.00 each. But it does include shipping. :(

·
Super Moderator
11,232 Posts
sounds a bit high to me. Are you sure that is all of the damage? In my experience, there can be some damage underneath such as headlight assembly or even the radiator support. Might not see it until you remove the fender and try to bolt on the new one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi everyone. We hit a deer! OMG We need a passenger side blue metal flake fender. Is there any chance that someone knows where to get one. It seems to be really hard to find parts now. Maybe we should just buy another one, and keep it for a parts warehouse! Thanks
Try Autobahn smart car used parts @ (619) 444-2290. E-mail is [email protected].

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Not sure what color blue. Here’s one, on eBay. The dark blue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a complete set in black that I bought in 2008 when I changed to yellow. But someday I’d swap them back because it only takes two hours for me to change them all out. I still have a brand new set of black in my attic in San Diego For sale. If anyone’s interested 858-663-3211. Text or call Rob

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try these folks: autobahnsmart.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts