Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Mystery continues. A search for MB part #s revealed Mercedes Air Vent Intake Water Rain Drain Valve Flap A1408320084. Looks like it goes somewhere in the dash? Don't know why it came out when I had the rear panels off. Is it necessary? Can I put it back without taking the front of the car off?
Font Automotive exterior Auto part Parallel Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
18,075 Posts
Ironically, those MB-branded gasoline engines were known for wearing out before even reaching 100k miles. The Mitsubishi mills were a big upgrade in that department!

Interesting to see Mercedes using the same part for several different cars. :)
Oh yeah, that's an industry norm. :) Automakers will share absolutely as many parts as possible to save as much as they could on development. Sometimes, this means buying a high-end Lincoln and seeing the same switchgear that you got in a base model Ford.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Years ago, I had lost this part when I was taking off the air intake filter box from my 08 Pure. Couldn't find the pesky thing anywhere around or on the ground. So I went into the kitchen and found a baby bottle nipple (yes!); we had a few for spares during those teething years, and popped one into the vacated opening. Yup, it fit! :). 🍼

-wahi

1 - 11 of 11 Posts