Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Fortwo 451 Pure and it has the standard radio. someone had a NIB OEM Mercedes cd/radio on eBay P/N 451 820 4379 (which was supposed to work in my car). I thought I had covered all my bases and watched all the YouTube videos to make sure I was prepared and after taking apart the storage box and radio, I was able to Re-connect all of the wire/antenna except one set of wires with a pink female connector with no place to connect to. when I went to slide it into the dash their is a plastic piece on each side of the cd player (that wasn’t on the radio) that it is supposed to slide into the dash, but since this obviously was the wrong model for my car it would not slide in and I ended up putting back the original radio. I will call Mercedes parts to ask, but thought I would reach out just see if anyone happened to know the correct P/n I need to buy?

·
Registered
7,829 Posts
I checked mbparts, that radio is listed there. Not a big demand for OEM radio’s. At 500 bucks. The numbers it replace, are listed in the photo.

I‘d go to Crutchfield audio, and buy a better system. With blue tooth, Apple CarPlay, android auto. Touch screen. That your best bet to upgrade a sound system.

·
Registered
258 Posts
If you really want an OEM radio, there are usually a number for sale on eBay from folk who replaced them with aftermarket systems or from the wreckers.

Some even show up in the For Sale sections here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts