Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my 08 Passion suffered major damage to the passenger side wheels (cracked) due to a hidden pothole/expansion joint recently.

It is at the tire dealer down the street. He can only get smart wheels from the dealer
at $285 each. Is there online vendors that have them less expensive? He suggests I look around.

Right rear wheel and possibly the front wheel also.

Discount Tires doesn't even show anything available - not sure if they are tires only either.
Tire Rack is only custom stuff?

My Passion had the upgraded wheels (alloy??) when I purchased it.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,076 Posts
SmartMadness may have stock takeoffs from vehicles they have upgraded. You may want to contact them for availability and price.

On the other hand, a complete set of Rials from Tire Rack isn't too expensive and, in my experience at least, they seem to stand up to abuse better.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
~ Transform Your Smart ~
You need Strong Rims with a little bigger tire (more rubber between the rim, and the road, also giving a better ride, and Great handling).

Also you would have the same size rims, and tires to do a proper tire rotation when needed.
Also you would "Join The I Can Rotate Your Tires Club" I am a Member.

~ I ask Members with similar setups, to pipe up with your experiences to comment~

TIRES:
Hankook Optimo H727 All Season ~ P185/60R15 ~ Overall Dia. 23.7"

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Optimo+H727&p artnum=86TR5H727&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1= yes

RIMS:
Rial Le Mans Strong Wheels (Bright Satin Sil Paint) 4 Rear 6" wide X 15"

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialP artNumber=LE50524M72BSAT&wheelMake=Rial&wheelModel =Le+Mans&wheelFinish=Bright+Satin+Sil+Paint&showRe ar=yes&selectedRear=LE60525M72BSAT&autoMake=smart& autoModel=fortwo+passion+coupe&autoYear=2009&autoM odClar=&filterFinish=All&filterSize=All&filterBran d=All&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeig ht=All&sort=Brand

NOTE: No you do not want Brabus front springs on your car... A Brabus is 1/2" LOWER than a Stock Smart Car...

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
I just ordered a new wheel from smart madness. About 10 mins, ago. 159.95 plus shipping. My daughter hit a crub, under icy conditions. They wheels are in good condition. Customer take offs. Take a look, on their web site. Give them a ring. He looked for a really good shaped one for me. It will come here in a couple days.

I was going to have the old one fixed. It would cost about the same. I checked around town cost wise.

We have a 2008 smart too, 9 spoke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts