Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I originally wanted to put 195/55 on all 4 wheels but since I can't find any wheels I will have to go with the largest I can put on the front (175/60) and 195/55 on the rear.

I am having a hard time finding matching tires, does anyone know of any?

I have tried Pepboys, Discount Tire, Tire Kingdom, Tire Rack

thank you

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
175/60-15 fits minimum width 5" rims. You would be out of spec anyways. You could mix and match in my opinion otherwise since the tire size is different front to rear anyways and have different performance characteristics because of this...

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Maybe 165/65-15 up front with 185/60-15 rear. You get exactly one choice on TireRack, and I can not confirm personally that the tires will not contact any fender areas, but the tire specs show they will fit your wheels within tire manufacturer specs.

The rears are a little bit big compared to the front to be in my comfort zone, but seems to be within what others note at 1.3 %. My comfort zone is -0.5 % to +1.1 %. (That is the range of smart optioned tire sizes).

·
Registered
108 Posts
Keep in mind..................

That the front wheels are 15"x4.5" and rear wheels are 15"x5.5". Much easier to find tire sizes/brands that match,if you
run rear wheels on all 4 corners. Get TOO radical a front/rear size difference,the computer gets"unhappy"!...........

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how does a 165/65 front and 195/55 rear sound? except for width all measurements are the same for both. in essence that would be like have the same size tire at all four corners except you couldn't rotate because of width.

any issues of concern then?

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I ran to check rim width range on two 195/55 tires, and they fit min width 5.5" rims. Didn't compare the two sizes, but upon your word looks like you've hit it on the head...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts