Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone im trying to spruce up my white and silver pure and im looking at wheels. im trying to go for the refined look not the sporty look. id prefer to stay in the 15" size i plan on storeing this car mostly and only driving it to shows and car meets. ive got a passion as a daily so i kinda want to gear this on as a long term collecter car. i want to do stealth upgrades that dont go far from a stock look. most of the 16 and 17 inch wheel look more sporty. Im debating between the ace decorsa ,rail, genius wheels.
on the ace decorsa and genius wheels i notice a polished lip is that clear coated or bare metal? which wheel would be better for what im looking for?
any feed back is very welcome. :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats great to know thanks!:icon_biggrin:

oh yeah will the smart logo caps fit in the rails rims ?

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,091 Posts
I didn't try it, but one of the guys at the Dragon run had Rials and had put the smart logo on them, but he commented that it didn't work well and he had to customize something to make it work. I don't think it's a simple 'just slap it on' matter.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
think ive narrowed it down to two the ace decorsa white and silver or the silver rails

id post a picture but for the life of me i cant figure out how =)

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
From everything that I've seen that's currently on the market, the Rials are by far the best deal for your money. I don't have $$$ coming out of my :moon:, so I'm looking for a bargain. The Rials fit that bill and as 'rfernatt' said, they look nice too. Looks like they would be easy to clean as well, something that I would look for if and when I search for wheels.

Note to Rial (if anyone is reading this): offer them in DIFFERENT FINISHES. I would be all over a set of 15x6's if they came in a "Gunmetal" color. Yea, I know I could get them powdercoated, but then that offsets the price advantage over other wheels.

·
Registered
36 Posts
After much trial and error, just uploaded a couple of photos into Gallery (file name New Shoes) showing the 15X6 Rials on our white/silver Passion. How obsessive can I get? Just replaced the gray plastic caps on the TPS valve stems with the bright silver ones used on late model Porsches! (NOT the fancy accessory caps with the colored Porsche crest!)

You might consider going to the matched front and rear 175/55 or 195/50 tires. You've probably seen the other threads on this.

·
Registered
499 Posts
The nice thing about the Rials is they hold up, by that I mean they don't loose their finish and they look like a factory wheel. Rial is also one of the largest suppliers of OE wheels and the price is right also (at least from Tire Rack). Mine have survived a year in the pothole laden Chicagoland with no negative effects.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts