Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Smart Friends, I own the sweetest turbo charged Smart car! It has 2 AMG sport packages and is fire on wheels! Speaking of wheels..it was advertised and pictured with alloy wheels but when I got to the dealership thousands of miles away..the wheels had been changed to steel wheels with hubcaps;( I think this car deserves alloy wheels and I am having trouble finding them. I would like to buy good used wheels and am not sure of the sizes. Thanks for you help in finding me the right wheels and tires..Barb

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Barb, you didn’t mention what year smart car you bought. check Out smart madness for alloy wheels. Also the Tire Rack.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Barb, you didn’t mention what year smart car you bought. check Out smart madness for alloy wheels. Also the Tire Rack.

Hi All, My smart car is 2017

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can anyone recommend an independent Smart car tech in my area? I live in New Bedford Ma 02744
Thank You

·
Registered
2017 453 ForTwo Coupe ED
92 Posts
Dealer probably had some used Car2Go wheels and saw a chance to sell off the alloys separate from your Smart and make a bit extra. If the earlier photos you made the offer on showed alloys, I would hope there would be $ compensation, but I know the answer to that. This does give you a chance to mount snow tyres on the steel rims and summer tyres on the alloys, if you live in a climate that requires both.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Smart Friends, I own the sweetest turbo charged Smart car! It has 2 AMG sport packages and is fire on wheels! Speaking of wheels..it was advertised and pictured with alloy wheels but when I got to the dealership thousands of miles away..the wheels had been changed to steel wheels with hubcaps;( I think this car deserves alloy wheels and I am having trouble finding them. I would like to buy good used wheels and am not sure of the sizes. Thanks for you help in finding me the right wheels and tires..Barb View attachment 66808
Tire rack.com has really easy finance options , and they are easy to work with. Tires came balanced on the rims . Low payments

·
Registered
557 Posts
I thought that the bolt pattern was a 4x100mm with a 17mmf offset. If that's the case, any rim would fit. My 4th Smart had steelies and I installed Moon discs in place of the birth control hubcaps.
20170705_160513.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts