Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all

Here is a suggestion for smartmadness, genius, barneyO and anyone else.

How about a smart owners tool kit?

My understanding is that there are only a few size torx screws & nuts, plus assorted philips and hex heads? Add in a couple of body removal "spatulas" (not sure of the exact name?) Plus anything else that is special or unusual, and put it in a nice roll up pouch?

Extra bulbs for turn signals, and spare fuses?

Anyone else think this would be a good idea?

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
A ratcheting screwdriver with Torx bits, clip removal tool (for push rivets), a 15mm socket, ratchet and extension for the lugnuts cover just about everything.

I carry a ratcheting screwdriver set, full Craftsman Torx set (sockets etc with it, very nice set), clip removal tools, warning triangle, jumper cables, various screw drivers & pliers, fuses, bulbs and the list goes on.

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
......I carry a ratcheting screwdriver set, full Craftsman Torx set (sockets etc with it, very nice set), clip removal tools, warning triangle, jumper cables, various screw drivers & pliers, fuses, bulbs and the list goes on.
:wow: I used to carry all that too; now I just carry my cell phone and my Good Sam card (a lot less weight):D

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I HAVE all the assorted tools in my garage?

BUT, I think it would be great to have a SMALL kit with only the parts that are needed for my smart IN the car at all times?

I already have a spare, jack and lug wrench (but they could be included in the tool kit as well?)

And I also carry a AAA+ card and at least one cell phone (usually 3) just in case?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Someone Planning A Road Trip

Hey Guys-Sounds like you are being really good boy scouts with your tool preparation. If you are planning a road trip you might need a spare tire?? I've got an OEM wheel/tire(TPS & balanced) with 16K off an '08 Passion. If anyone is close,stop buy and pick it up. The cost will be $150. PM me if you need more info.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Hey Guys-Sounds like you are being really good boy scouts with your tool preparation. If you are planning a road trip you might need a spare tire?? I've got an OEM wheel/tire(TPS & balanced) with 16K off an '08 Passion. If anyone is close,stop buy and pick it up. The cost will be $150. PM me if you need more info.
You can pick up two on E-bay for that price. or a new one shipped from Tire rack.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Been thinking a bit more? (always dangerous)

How about a FLAT tool kit that can be velcroed behind the seat.
(Like the pouch for the owners manual?)
It would save space, not move around (or rattle), and be mostly invisible till needed?

Are any vendors listening?

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
How about a FLAT tool kit that can be velcroed behind the seat.
(Like the pouch for the owners manual?)
It would save space, not move around (or rattle), and be mostly invisible till needed?

Are any vendors listening?

:bigthumbup: I bet a complete kit could be made and about 12"x12"x2"and include all the basic items I listed earlier to include nitrile gloves and a full assortment of lights. (headlight etc)

·
I'll figger this car out
371 Posts
I HAVE all the assorted tools in my garage?

BUT, I think it would be great to have a SMALL kit with only the parts that are needed for my smart IN the car at all times?

I already have a spare, jack and lug wrench (but they could be included in the tool kit as well?)

And I also carry a AAA+ card and at least one cell phone (usually 3) just in case?
HOW DID YOU ARRANGE YOUR SPARE TIRE?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
When I carry the spare, I just put it behind the driver’s seat heretically or horizontally depending on my needs for space. I include the spare when doing a tire rotation (after washing). I will eventually ask my wife to make a bag for the spare.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts