Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just purchased my second smart. Traded in my 09 passion for a silver 2012 passion. Heated seats, entry radio(hope to change later), EPS, pano. Was told by the dealer that my iPad would work with the USB port, but sadly, it does not. Perhaps I can find a used nav system from another smart or some aftermarket setup. I'll put my music on a flash drive for now.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,101 Posts
Welcome to the forum and enjoy that new ride! :)

If you're interested in tracking and sharing your fuel mileage, we can always use a few more smarts on Fuelly.com.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Was told by the dealer that my iPad would work with the USB port, but sadly, it does not. Perhaps I can find a used nav system from another smart or some aftermarket setup. I'll put my music on a flash drive for now.
Sounds like there may just have been a miscommunication. Your car should have come with a wire that plugs into the jack next to the USB port in the glove box, and can then be plugged into your iPad's headphone jack. Then just make sure your radio is set to "Aux", and you're all set.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Will, I'm having a Pioneer Nav/DVD unit installed in my Smart on Tuesday. I have the same unit in my other car, the installer placed the lead from my Ipod classic in the glove box. I'll do the same for the Smart. I use the video / audio cord combination so we can watch all my videos and tv shows. That particular unit will also stream blue tooth audio, I can connect to my Droid and stream my music also. (As well as hands free cell phone use)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everbody..I just traded my 09 brabus for a 2012 passion about two weeks ago, so far it has a much better ride and quicker reponse from the tranny .trying to find a radio kit that will allow me to keep the cool pop out drawer.think I need to mod an exsisting kit

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,971 Posts
:welcome:to the forum aka The Asylum. We are all a bit crazy aobut out smarts. Some of us are just crazy. Enjoy your new smart. Pictures?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congrats on the new car. I just got a smart & I just put a stereo in that I love - its a Pioneer AVIC-X930BT. It has the smart logo at startup, navigation, satellite radio, USB iphone & ipod control, & SD card. You may want to check it out. I usually only like factory options, but this really looks great in the car and has tons of features. Oh yeah, you can change the color that the buttons light up to match the smart's orange exactly.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Congrats on the new car. I just got a smart & I just put a stereo in that I love - its a Pioneer AVIC-X930BT. It has the smart logo at startup, navigation, satellite radio, USB iphone & ipod control, & SD card. You may want to check it out. I usually only like factory options, but this really looks great in the car and has tons of features. Oh yeah, you can change the color that the buttons light up to match the smart's orange exactly.
How much did you get yours for? I would love to have an all in one stereo. And how did you get the Smart Logo as the start up?

643 Posts
How much did you get yours for? I would love to have an all in one stereo. And how did you get the Smart Logo as the start up?
. You can have one installed at a dealership if you are interested, send me a private message for more details. There are many aftermarket stereos that perform some of the same functions, but the oem highline radio is genuinely awesome. In my opinion and the opinion of many, its functionality and graphics are as good or better than most of the aftermarket units including the expensive ones from Kenwood or Pioneer. It impresses the luxury Mercedes customers and it has some unique functions the oem nav systems that many luxury brands won't offer.

This oem radio plays DVD, direct iPod integration, displays photos on screen, plays music files and video files from iPod, DVD, CD, and SD card, Bluetooth hands free calling, lane guidance for navigation, voice controlled navigation, and more.

No mean to threadjack.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I found it on amazon for $650, then added sirius for another $50. The main feature that I love is the satellite radio built in (you can choose sirius or XM). The factory one has no satellite radio feature so you end up with one of those add-on controllers/display units, which I loathe.

And for the logo you can choose any photo off the sd card, dvd or usb drive as your main start-up picture. I just found a logo picture online, put it on the sd card and transferred it into the system.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts