Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shrug: Received phone call from MB Seattle, Our taking delivery of 2016 Passion is being delayed on shipment from L.A. Docks.
The reason they are holding is, waiting for software update for Smart prior to shipping. :shrug:

Any idea of issues with 453 ?

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Not really any "issues." There was an ESP update going around so your vin number probably is just waiting its turn for the update. Generally the VPC will update the vehicles with software, or any other known concerns prior to shipping them off to the dealer where they are double checked again during pdi. Your car probably just had to wait a little while longer for its turn in line for the update.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Ray - Given the gas tank / fuel-filling issue which has plagued many (most?) 2016 models, you might want to ask your dealer to run your VIN and tell you what, if any, action has been taken on your car. It's more than just a software fix. Hopefully you can find out whether your car's build-date was after a fix was found and corrected............or whether a fix (replacement tank and associated parts) is still needed. Given the headaches that others have endured (and are still enduring), I would not accept final delivery of the car until I was assured the defective gas-tank issue has been addressed.

I'm certain smart / MB USA will get the tank problem sorted in the end and I wish you many happy years and miles with your new car.

Jimmy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts