Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
17,343 Posts
Wonder if that more conventional, rectangular rearview mirror will make it to the production model?

And I still hope that we get projector headlamps...at least as an option...reflectors are a step back, not forward. :bangwall:

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I'm hoping the 453 is going to look something like the fourjoy concept. That is a nice looking front end. The spy photo's presently of the black and white disguised version is somewhat less than promising, meaning I hope the disguising is very effective. I fear the new smart is a step backwards from cute and innovative to fugly and wide, kind of like the IQ. The IQ just doesn't show me much.

·
17,343 Posts
Good observation! I didn't see a hockey puck in any of the prototypes. Then again, they're prototypes. :D

The car is definitely wider...but not longer, so there's that (I guess no more joke parking in Home Depot cart corrals :D).

To me, it looks like a toned down fourjoy.

For now, my only real gripe is focused on that headlight. For the fourjoy Concept, they engineered an advanced, fully working, and absolutely beautiful headlamp enclosure.

Yet, they completely waste the money spent developing that and go for halogens inside of reflectors? Ouch...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts