Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
unless i am mistaken (and i was once) i think i saw the tail end of a Smart in the trailer of Geostorm....but you have to watch fast

·
Registered
471 Posts
unless i am mistaken (and i was once) i think i saw the tail end of a Smart in the trailer of Geostorm....but you have to watch fast

It’s a Smart and it’s an ED. It’s featured pretty heavily in the German version of the trailer.

https://youtu.be/HdGnnNuD2n4

Of course, you can’t even put them in gear when they are still plugged in but Hollywood took some Liberty with that. The back glass also doesn’t make that funny little sound when he opens it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I love how you point out the fact that it can't be put in drive while plugged in, but not that he punches it and it kinda sounds like Iron Man's blaster powering up... and when he's first getting onto the bridge, it seems like it's making the sounds of a V8. lol

as for the sound when opening the rear hatch.... just sounds like it's being forced to open that quick, not an added sound effect.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just watched a movie called Haywire 2011 that had a couple of quick scenes with our Smart car in it.

Boy if you like fast paced martial arts twisted plot action movie this is it. Oh yes it has 5 or 6 well know actors unlike most movies today with one known actor or unknowns

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,075 Posts
I think the Smart has always been a hero from the 450 to the 451 to the 453 to the ED451 to the ED453. Such a great little car. Still surprises the heck out of me that more people didn't buy them. I would like to see as may of them on the road as there are Kia's. DCO

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
In the movie Knight and Day there are a bunch of smart roadsters in the chase scene, all driven by the bad guys..Hero drives a motorcycle.

·
17,476 Posts
Fun fact about Knight and Day: Those roadsters had sportbike engines in them :D

Also, compliments of jalopnik :)

Reactions: emailchrishall
1 - 8 of 8 Posts