Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a Cobra AirWave bluetooth add on kit for my passion...since I have the stock radio and hate cables, this $40 mod worked awesome. Its basically a bluetooth small receiver with an aux output and USB for power....perfect for the glove box! And since the USB only works with the ignition switch on theres no doing anything of on/off all the time

You guys should check it out for those who want to stick to stock

Cobra AirWave CWA BT150 Bluetooth® music receiver for car and home at Crutchfield.com

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Can you pair a phone to it? Or is it just for streaming music.
How do you control the device?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Just installed a Cobra AirWave bluetooth add on kit for my passion...since I have the stock radio and hate cables, this $40 mod worked awesome. Its basically a bluetooth small receiver with an aux output and USB for power....perfect for the glove box! And since the USB only works with the ignition switch on theres no doing anything of on/off all the time

You guys should check it out for those who want to stick to stock

Cobra AirWave CWA BT150 Bluetooth® music receiver for car and home at Crutchfield.com
Does the USB port in the globe box actually charge the device??

·
Super Moderator
28,240 Posts
It can supply power with limits - I'm running a small external hard drive off of the USB port but it doesn't draw much power. :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
It can supply power with limits - I'm running a small external hard drive off of the USB port but it doesn't draw much power. :)
I was always under the impression it did not charge... I was assuming that since it does not charge my iPhone. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
The USB, should charge any device. With a built in blue tooth on other cars, the steering wheel button control the music device, or phone. Does this device have a remote to do the same function?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The USB in the glove box does charge my iPhone 5 even though it says device not recognized or whatever...and since that only works with the ignition switch on I don't have to turn it on/off, I just keep it on. Just streams music though...but a cool little cable eliminating mod I'd suggest for $40

·
Registered
100 Posts
The USB in the glove box does charge my iPhone 5 even though it says device not recognized or whatever...and since that only works with the ignition switch on I don't have to turn it on/off, I just keep it on. Just streams music though...but a cool little cable eliminating mod I'd suggest for $40
My 09 Passion does not have a "USB" in the glove box. It has a "Aux. output", but no "USB".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts