Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I just got ours about two months ago and on the way home form the dealership she was;

Pulled over by a State Trooper for not having the temp license in the right place. As my wife was relocating it, the trooper asked questions like, How Much? How long did it take to get it as he was walking around the car.

On the same day, not only 5 miles from our house, she was rear ended by a young couple in a Cadillac. Their only comment was, "We saw you and we were asking each other what kind of car that was, then B-O-O-M , we hit you.".

Not much damage done to the smart car but get this, we are still waiting for two body panels and the muffler as of this date and no one at the dealership knows where they are.

On a lighter side, its a great little car and so much fun to drive. After we get it back to new car status, we will post some goodies.

Be typing at you

·
Registered
861 Posts
If anyone hits my new Smartie I will hit 'em in the face...My current car has survived some major injuies over the last few years, about 3 years ago I was hit head on by a drunk driver and the entire front end was messed up, after some great work by my local bodyshop..About 2 years later I was awoken by a news crew at my door, they were doing a story on a bad storm we had the night before. They asked if I had seen my car? I peeked out and saw I tree on top of my beloved little Matrix, smashing the entire front end once again and also crunching the roof and smashing the windshield! I thought he wwas a gonner but once again I brought him to the same bodyshop and they revived my Matrix one more time to like new condition...so feel lucky you just got a little rear ended by some gawkers because it could have been a tree falling on your little guy and I'm pretty sure the tree that messed up my Matrix would have taken out a Smartie.

·
Registered
624 Posts
When I lived in Charlotte I could count on getting hit by a drunk, drugie or uninsured about once a year. I now live in a rural area and hope those days are over. I will NOT be a happy driver if someone tags me in my new Smart!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts