Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Now your making me want to get those.
Seriously though I would love to get ahold of a dash like yours for mine sometime.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Now your making me want to get those.
Seriously though I would love to get ahold of a dash like yours for mine sometime.
There's a company in eBay that sells a leather skin that goes over the dash and it has the stitching. Only issue is you'd have to prob remove the dash to recover it. They also make all kinda of leather skins and stitching for the interior. I'm thinking about doing the side pillars on the interior. RED STITCH DASH DASHBOARD TOP GRAIN LEATHER COVER FOR SMART FORTWO 451 07-10 | eBay

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm going to be posting another thread on some seat covers I'm trying to source from a shop. I'll update with price and info, also I'll be adding more pictures and video of the gauge I ordered. I'll keep you updated on all the process of fixing up the smart and adding accessories like quick USB charging port.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Cool
I’ll be watching for that.
I’m wanting to add the holder for the usb in the glove box as I’ll be installing a radio to work with my iPhone and want to keep the phone in the glove box.
Just gotta order the plate and cut the hole out for it.(likely will use the aux in holder too)

·
Registered
808 Posts
Just ordered this from China, hopefully it functions, lol. It hooks up to the obd port and provides all kind of info, such as voltage, tach, speed, oil temp. I'll keep you updated when it gets here and post some pics. 👍😉 View attachment 63859
Got mine on Friday and tried to install on Saturday. All I can get to display on the screen is "Install after starting car".
I've tried installing after starting, before starting, and no change. I tried to download a user's guide from the manufacturer's
website but, that didn't work either. The final step I'm taking is to contact the manufacturer for assistance. If that fails, a paypal dispute
will be in my future...:mad:

·
Registered
35 Posts
That’s a bummer.
Good thing you used PayPal.
I always use PayPal when ordering from overseas as it always makes it easier to get my money back if the item doesn’t come or the seller doesn’t want to work out a issue with me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It might be missing some files from the seller, or badly configured and installed by seller. I can send you the link of my seller that sent it all ready to go. Let me know. When you hook it up it should show all the info from the start. I'm going to post a video on here so you can see the setup menu's and startup. Hope everything works out.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Got mine on Friday and tried to install on Saturday. All I can get to display on the screen is "Install after starting car".
I've tried installing after starting, before starting, and no change. I tried to download a user's guide from the manufacturer's
website but, that didn't work either. The final step I'm taking is to contact the manufacturer for assistance. If that fails, a paypal dispute
will be in my future...:mad:
Lebikerboy
Just out of curiosity what year is your smart car?

·
Registered
883 Posts
That's a shame. I didn't know if your smart older like my 09 and according to the website non compatible.
I would like something like that.
Good luck.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Mines an 2017 ED and I personally think that's the problem as it probably doesn't send the same parameters
from the ECU to the OBD port than an ICE version does...
Anyway, it's in the hands of Ebay now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The obd data shouldn’t matter given it should read pretty much the same.
Likely data bus compatibility issue with it causing it to not work.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Ok since I seen that should I have to worry about it working with mine?
It’s a 09 cabrio.
My smart is a 09 and the website said it was not compatible.
Otherwise I was going to order one myself.
Compatibility

Please choose your vehicle’s details for specific results.
Year 2009 Make smart Model fortwo Trim Passion Cabrio Convertible 2-Door Engine 1.0L 1000CC 61Cu. In. l3 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated.

This part is not compatible with 2009 Smart Fortwo Passion Cabrio Convertible 2-Door 1.0L 1000CC 61Cu. In. l3 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well crap!
Thanks for clearing that up for me jo e lefors.
Well looks like I’ll be getting one of those hud displays that work off the obd port then since the one I used to use in my rx8 works with it(gives me tach and temp(or speed, battery voltage)

21 - 37 of 37 Posts