Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got my Smart car last week, and live right in the middle of the White Mountains... our property abuts the WMNF.... A gorgeous "Smart Rally" would be north through the mountains, over the Kangamangus Highway to Conway, NH....then back south on Rt. 16 toward the coast (and Portsmouth, NH). It can be done in a day, and would provide access to some of the most beautiful scenery the New England area can offer. My little car has absolutely no problem tackling the hills and back roads here, and I am definitely loving it. Plus, it sure gets a lot of attention next to all the gas guzzling truck and SUV's here in the mountains! <grin>

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
From Western MA I give myself 6 hours to get to Laconia, NH pulling a trailer. Driving lil Booger just getting there and back is a (long) day trip
Beutiful area karl
One of the things we need is a large enough lot for all the attendes to fit with the facilities we humans need Mount Washington would be fun a restaurant with a view of the lot would be my first pick (we just need to make reservations)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Starting a seperate thread on Mt Washington trip planning, cause I wanna get me one of them bumper stickers :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Starting a seperate thread on Mt Washington trip planning, cause I wanna get me one of them bumper stickers :)
A Climb Mt Washington event would be a lot of fun.

MINI's on Top climb of Mt Washington happens every year. After its 2nd or 3rd year it was so popular they had to limit the number of "entrants" because the parking at the top of the mountain couldn't handle it.

It would be a good promo too for us since 4/5 of the population does not believe our smarts could possibly make it all the way to the summit.

That's it: "Smarts on the Summit!"

BTW Herb Chambers MINI in Boston sponsors the MINI's on Top event, maybe they would throw a few bucks at Smarts on the Summit.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Oh I am sorry I ddont see this thread.
I am kinda far from Mt.Washington.
I am on the seacoast...

I saw you went then already... nice pics!!! :)

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Oh I am sorry I ddont see this thread.
I am kinda far from Mt.Washington.
I am on the seacoast...

I saw you went then already... nice pics!!! :)
You are lots closer than we are and it is something still in the works, you are within striking distance of the RI meet as well...
karl

21 - 29 of 29 Posts