Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
New England dealerships

Since McFarland Ford, Exeter,NH is currently the only NE dealership that has a service person trained to repair the SMART car is that where the 2008 one's going to be sold? We bought our 2005 grey market from them but haven't heard about the future.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think the one in Fairfield will look like the standard European dealers with the glass tower. They are building a frame that looks very much like a structure for a tower. If I have a chance I'll take a few pictures.

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
Boston

If you compare the sites chosen for the road demonstrations to the locations that are now known as prospective dealerships, it argues that Boston (30 JUN-04 JUL) will eventually have at least one. Of any city that can make good use of smarts, Boston has to be right up there. Think Beacon Hill, the "No't End," Back Bay, the "Square".

·
Registered
171 Posts
not exactly Boston, but...

If you compare the sites chosen for the road demonstrations to the locations that are now known as prospective dealerships, it argues that Boston (30 JUN-04 JUL) will eventually have at least one. Of any city that can make good use of smarts, Boston has to be right up there. Think Beacon Hill, the "No't End," Back Bay, the "Square".
Apparently Inskip Mercedes-Benz in Warwick, RI will be a smart dealer. Maybe 60 or 70 miles away?

·
Registered
191 Posts
It looks like Keeler Motors in Latham (Albany, NY) is looking to be a Smart dealer. It is not in New England, but it looks like it might be closest to me in the Burlington area. (I do think Burlington might be a candidate for a dealership too, mainly because I want to think Smart would be a good fit for VT).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hartford, CT

I think Hoffman of East Hartford was the dealer at the Rentschler Field Ride and Drive. They would be preferable to driving all the way down to Fairfield.

Any updates on CT dealers?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Apparently Inskip Mercedes-Benz in Warwick, RI will be a smart dealer. Maybe 60 or 70 miles away?
yes, they definitely will be. the showroom is done (2nd floor of their Mercedes-Benz building) and the signs are already up on the building and out front of the dealership.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just got off the phone with Keeler motors in Latham, NY. It looks like they'll be the closest dealer to Burlington, VT. (Yes, New York is not in New England...):)

·
Registered
171 Posts
where's Boston?

Well, I know where Boston IS. I should have said "Where's Boston's smart dealer?" There has to be one - lots of narrow streets and lots of not narrow-minded people. Perhaps some of the Bostonians aboard could do a little sleuthing?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Western MA

so I'm wondering, does anyone know, can one choose which dealership they would like to take delivery from?

(Hartford would be closer than Boston for me)

·
Registered
931 Posts
I asked that specific question of smartUSA today as to switching dealers. Their answer was that I had to wait for the assigned dealer to contact me and request the switch at that time? Yeah, like that will work!

:confused:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Western MA = Albany, NY

so I'm wondering, does anyone know, can one choose which dealership they would like to take delivery from?

(Hartford would be closer than Boston for me)
I would bet that if you're close to Springfield, MA they would assign you to Albany, NY

·
Registered
181 Posts
I would bet that if you're close to Springfield, MA they would assign you to Albany, NY
ACK! (nothing against Albany of course)

There should be a place where one can indicated a location preference within a region when going through, or later after the confirmation step.... i'm just saying

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
Keeler is closer for you

It looks like Keeler Motors in Latham (Albany, NY) is looking to be a Smart dealer. It is not in New England, but it looks like it might be closest to me in the Burlington area. (I do think Burlington might be a candidate for a dealership too, mainly because I want to think Smart would be a good fit for VT).
Canon,
Having driven to Burlington/Bennington area a number of times, I would say that Keeler is the closest for you...about 1hour 15 minutes on a good day.
They will treat you right....good dealership and management from my perspective. :)
Happy Thanksgiving to you!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts