Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to introduce myself here on the forum. Really late to the game as far as getting my reservation in. I saw several members of other forums I participate in putting down their $99 last spring, but I finally got around to it last week...

I like driving things that are different than the norm. My daily driver in the winter is a Subaru wagon. While Subaru are not quite as uncommon as in the past, you still don't see yourself coming and going every day. But my *real* daily driver isn't a car at all. I ride a Vespa motorscooter. It is one of the modern "automatic" ones, and I ride it everywhere!

So to me, the Smart Fortwo is going to be basically an enclosed scooter with a little more storage space. :) I didn't want the Cabrio, as I already have an MG and the scooters for open air enjoyment. I went for the Passion in black on silver, with a black interior.

I've got a looonnnngggg wait ahead of me! That's why I'm here. To vicariously enjoy your cars when you start getting them!

Glad I found you,
Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, Bob and everyone else. :) I'm new here, too. I made my reservation super-late too around 2 weeks ago and I'm worried my VW Jetta won't hold up until I finally get my order confirmed. I really, really want one though so we'll see what I have to do to get one... Sigh.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome to both of you. As has been said earlier on other threads, get to know your dealer and perhaps you can pick up a reservation that was canceled.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to both of you. As has been said earlier on other threads, get to know your dealer and perhaps you can pick up a reservation that was canceled.
Good idea. The Cleveland area dealer is not confirmed yet, but the list here shows M-B Bedford. That's about 40 miles across Cleveland for me. I was hoping it would be M-B North Olmsted, as they are the largest M-B dealer around these parts, are 8 miles away, and where we just bought a C-300. I was hoping that might give us a little leverage.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I am in kind of a similar boat in that the MB dealer I like the best is not the selected dealer for our area. but as I have confirmed I guess I can't complain

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome smorris,
I live in Cincinnati and all us Ohioans are wondering where our dealership will be. I am not familiar with Avon, Ohio so tell us just where Avon is.
Again welcome

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome smorris,
I live in Cincinnati and all us Ohioans are wondering where our dealership will be. I am not familiar with Avon, Ohio so tell us just where Avon is.
Again welcome

Hi Val, thanks for the welcome.

Avon, is a small community 25 miles west of Cleveland, about 5 miles south of Lake Erie. Avon was a sleepy little town until about 15 years ago, when the suburbs east and north filled up. Now every farm is a cu-d-sac, and where I once was the only car at the only light in town, I now sometimes have to wait at that same light 2 or three cycles. And we now have probably 20 lights. Where we once had huge sycamore treees lining the main street we have shopping centers and upscale stores.

I need to move! (after I get my Smart! ;) )

BTW, I have family down toward your direction. I grew up in Bellefontaine, about 60 miles west of Columbus and 90 north of Cincy. I used to go watch the Reds when they were the Big Red Machine. I've now watched Cincinnati build *two* new ball fields! :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts