Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All
I'm Jay and I'm from the great white north... working on getting a SC... Fuel is too much up here and also checking out the ideas that I can incorporate into mine.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Welcome to sCOA.

I would not advise the smart to anyone that does not have a good independent mechanic nearby or the potential owner can work on the car themselves. Stay away from the M-B dealers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know how to the basics ie plugs, filters, tires, have done alternator, starter and brakes. i also have a mechanic at work who helps me out with anything else thats major

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
If you pick up a smart. Parts are usually cheaper from Europe, even with shipping and duties.

Also check out the Canadian smart fan forum, clubsmartcar if you have not already.

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Welcome from the Heartland...enjoy the ride. People here are friendly and very helpful so when you have a question...ask.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Actually that was yesterday just went to top up before work and it's a 1.61. No reason just cause. They take our taxpayer money by the billions and then gouge us at the pumps.

·
17,350 Posts
They're even worse in Europe. I think during the height of the little "fuel crisis" of a few years ago they were paying the equivalent of $7 USD per gallon!!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
And by the way, in spite of the dire warnings here. It's just possible that your smart will work as advertised and give you good service for years.
Seriously, it happens.:)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yes we do. The problem is one getting it out the ground. Two we have few refineries to process it so much of it is sent to the US to be processed and then shipped back. Three our gas is taxed more then in the US. It's crazy how many people still buy trucks here.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts