Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen quite a few in our area and am currently waiting impatiently for mine. The nearest dealer for us in NH at the moment is Lynnfield, MA.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I guess my two week wait is over. I fell over when I realized what the call was about. I got a call from the dealership and someone had released their reservation. It's the exact color/model/trim that I wanted. I dropped a deposit and go finalize everything this Thursday evening. Add another Smart to NH's rosters. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,

I just saw this thread. Our Smart is living in Wilmot NH, just outside New London NH. We spend much of our time in the Upper Valley Area. So if you see a yellow, with silver, passion cabrio with "GOTSMART' plates, stop/beep and say "Hi"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are three Smarts as far as I know in the Manchester, NH area. I have seen a blue one ( the first one I saw in the area) before the car was even on my interest radar. I now have the Black/Silver Passion and went to get it inspected yesterday on the west side. I was told that it was the second one he had done and it apparently was a bright orange. I drove mine down to Jersey last night and had a blast. I still have to calculate the mileage but it was weird not having to stop once on the way for gas. My license plate when it comes in will be "DETHTRP" and the dealership wants a photo of it to send to corporate.

Does anyone know of any SCOA business card templates? I want to keep a few in the glovebox to hand out when I get questions (which we know is constantly and I now plan on adding an hour to any outing to talk to people) and especially to get the other Smart owners up on the forums.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Blue and Silver Passion

My wife is driving ours around the New Boston/Mont Vernon/Milford area. She and my daughter waved at the red cabriolet this afternoon in Bedford at the traffic light on 101.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got to park next to a white one with BreatheNH.org logos on it today. It was exciting for the simple fact that it was the first other one I have seen since getting mine. He's in Bedford and has seen several yellow ones in his area.

My trip to Jersey over the weekend got me 42 mpg combined city/highway.

On a side note; on the way to Billerica yesterday I stopped for a coffee and parked next to a Blue Ferrari. The irony between excess and sensibility was overwhelming! However we both had rear engines. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone in the NH, VT, MA, ME area interested in setting up a meetup? Maybe even just to go tooling around some back-country roads? I'd love to get a chance to chat directly with some people regarding their experiences and what they've learned about their Smarts.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Anyone in the NH, VT, MA, ME area interested in setting up a meetup? Maybe even just to go tooling around some back-country roads? I'd love to get a chance to chat directly with some people regarding their experiences and what they've learned about their Smarts.
tentively interested.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Smarts in NH

I keep seeing more around. I spotted another yellow/black driving through New Boston about 5:15 on Thursday 9/11.

We are having fun with our two.

·
Registered
13 Posts
"ITSACAR"... (Red w Black trim) has been toodling around the Plymouth/Upper Valley area since June. I am commuting 72 miles per day in it, have just turned 10,000 miles, and couldn't be happier! I have seen a couple of other NH Smarties in the area, and one out of Canada (on vacation :p). Lots, and lots, and lots of questions everywhere I go!

I just ordered my winter tires, and am VERY anxious to see how she handles the snow... No problem on our mountain dirt roads.... but 6" of slushy snow could be interesting.

I LOVE THIS ZIPPY LITTLE CAR!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I am in Newmarket NH - I'd like to know about upcoming meetings :)
I have had mine since March 08 - still feel like I am alone in this world lol

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
you just missed a good one on the 15th, 28 smarts, 53 people, from NY, CT, RI, MA, NH & ME.
Had a very lovely drive back through the Gorgeous NH Seacoast.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Plymouth nh smarts

I live in holderness got my cdi grandstyle driving it around plymouth if you neede service or tires i can help have a shop in plymouth will be doing non warrenty service and will have tires in stock .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Smart Car Club New England

We have a huge Smart Car Club:
Smart Car Club New England in existence since early 2008

hope you all will join
the website is down until Tuesday, April 20
but look again then:
www.smartcarclubnewengland.com

until then - drop a line to:

[email protected]

We also have road rallies, diners n' drives, meetups, etc.
Maybe we could all join forces for an even bigger event
I'm game for all
We're all such a fun crowd, don't you think?
Hugs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Manchester Smart Car

My Smart Car and I live in Manchester, NH. I own a 2008 blue cabriolet with a few dealer customizations. It's a blast to drive. I think one of the things that I enjoy most is seeing people laugh and smile when I drive by .:cool:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts