Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Smart car 9/22, with 19,000 miles and so far I am loving it greatly, although I feel a bit lonely as there are no others in my area here in Ohio. Finding out also that parts are hard to come by, wish they still made these wonderful cars.
I am a city driver at about 2,000 miles per year so this car is just right for me.

Happy to see a forum for those of us who enjoy the Smart Car.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Major Crisis parts may have to be hunted and those times being high stress need it asap times is one thing. But routine maintenance physical parts seem to be plentiful enough especially online. Software related failures would remain tougher issues as reluctant shops would rather you go to a mercedes shop. But as a whole me personally any thing that I would fix on any car over the years I do the same with the Smart. We should have a parts supply chain to support the 451 model 2007 - 2015 for a good period of time. The 453 have less cars and perhaps less parts available as it had a shorter model run. Then the electrics a whole nother repair skill set required.. So what type and model Smart do you have.

·
Registered
7,673 Posts
Manufacturers provide repair parts per model year up to 10 years. They are lots of salvage smart cars out there too. Finding major service, and software updates, can be a long term issue. Basic routine maintenance, can be performed by any automotive service department. Even the owner. They are very simple to work on.

https://www.mbonlineparts.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts