Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome Michelle. The forums is a really helpful place. I hope you're enjoying your smart as much as I am.
Wow, I hope so. Anw, do you have any tips regarding maintain this kind of special car? Hahaha. It's quite difficult for me because I just bought it. Looking for forums will help me on this

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome Michelle. The forums is a really helpful place. I hope you're enjoying your smart as much as I am.
Wow, I hope so. Anw, do you have any tips regarding maintain this kind of special car? Hahaha. It's quite difficult for me because I just bought it. Looking for forums will help me on this
I think it's like most cars that if you make sure to keep the oil changed at regular intervals and keep the fluids (oil, coolant, brake fluid) at the correct level you'll be fine. I can't think of anything special when it comes to maintenance other than the engine location. Do you have pictures of your car?

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,238 Posts
You're right I forget some of the newer smarts are EV *facepalm* I don't know much about electric vehicles. Perhaps you could give some suggestions on that.
In post #5 , she mentioned that she had an EV Pure coupe. That's the only way I knew it was not an ICE. I do not know a lot about electric vehicles either, but the forum has a section devoted to them. Some people have been having issues with the high voltage battery going dead and not taking a charge. There is some interesting reading in that part of the forum. Kinda makes me glad I have had a gasser all these years. :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think it's like most cars that if you make sure to keep the oil changed at regular intervals and keep the fluids (oil, coolant, brake fluid) at the correct level you'll be fine. I can't think of anything special when it comes to maintenance other than the engine location. Do you have pictures of your car?

Ah, it's an EV/EQ? No oil in an electric.:shrug:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually, I think it looks pretty good. If you go to my gallery, there are several photos there. Click on my screen name and look just below and you will see gallery. Should be easy. Let me know what you think. :)
wow it looks really nice and new!!!
I have to say that. How could you keep the car so new?
Anw, I like the car, especially the color hahha

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,238 Posts
I have had the car for a little over 10 years and it has only been rained on twice. I keep it in my garage and spend more time cleaning and waxing it than driving it. I have done several mods to the car that may not show in photos unless you are really familiar with smarts. I have always liked really tiny cars and have sold off all my other special interest cars except the smart and my three wheel English JZR cycle car. At this time the mileage is 5087 miles. It has had a pretty easy life so far.

Thanks for the nice compliments.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts