Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
American design, built in Italy. Finally the car manufactures, are listening. A smaller SUV. The new Jeep Renegade. Show cased at the Geneva Auto Show. Some will say, it not a real Jeep. How many folks take their $40-50k Grand Cherokees off road. It features the Abarth Turbo engine too. Trail rated too.:)

smart has show case some neat concept in the past. Maybe with the new model coming out. There will be a small crossover in the works.

Jeep Baby Has Italian Accent in Fiat-Chrysler Merger Test - Bloomberg

2015 Jeep Renegade - Adventure is Coming. Get Ready.

·
Registered
284 Posts
American design, built in Italy. Finally the car manufactures, are listening. A smaller SUV. The new Jeep Renegade. Show cased at the Geneva Auto Show. Some will say, it not a real Jeep. How many folks take their $40-50k Grand Cherokees off road.
Snipped
You'd be surprised. I know a guy that went from the showroom floor to the trail (with water) :eek: in his brand new Grand. Really capable vehicles off-road.

Jill

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
It clearly more European than American, has same shape and size like the Skoda Yeti, Panda Cross, Polo Cross, etc.

·
Registered
598 Posts
If i can buy one of these in the mid-high teens, it will be my wifes next vehicle. If they lard the thing up to low-mid 20's, then it won't be.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
A "designed in America" Fiat 500Xs that could be the Love Child of a Cube and a Compass or maybe that Next Gen Honda Element that was never made?

16 power train combos available but for the U.S., some boring old standbys and maybe a diesel? Available only with 4WD, pricing will likely begin in the mid $20's. Add some toys and this will get out of hand quickly.

Cute but sadly, it's a Jeep . . .

·
Registered
195 Posts
I for one love it, supposedly 30 MPG as well. I dont understand the 9 gear auto though, thats crazy. I am looking for a better fuel economy 4x4 to replace my aging 99 F150 (10 mpg). Currently looking for a 1st gen Xterra or possibly a Explorer Sport Trac.

·
17,352 Posts
It's so adorable I want to give it a hug! :)

So much for being a Renegade...

·
Registered
182 Posts
My other vehicle is a 2003 Wrangler. It is my 3rd Jeep. I love people who think they are not built well. I have had less problems with all my Jeeps combined then I did in one Honda Prelude (build in Japan) or the Mitsubishi I had. Hell, my Toyota had more issues then all three Wranglers combined. Only other vehicle to be as stout as the Jeeps were my Fords.

The renegade might be able to tackle dirt roads slightly better than the smart, but no way in hell can that thing do what a Wrangler can do.

I personally think the Renegade looks stupid, lacks real character and the name and the look are polar opposites.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts