Smart Car of America Forum banner

81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,834 Posts
Not exactly sure why folks are getting all exercised over a rendering in an auto mag that's based on styling cues from a concept car...:confused:

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
What Dr. Zira, on the Planet of the Apes, said to Charlton Heston, you so damn ugly. That what those head lights are!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
What Dr. Zira, on the Planet of the Apes, said to Charlton Heston, you so damn ugly. That what those head lights are!!!!!!!!!!

Whos is Charlton Heston ? (Only kidding)

If they produce the car with these hideous headlights, I am sure someone will produce a headlight overlay that matches the body color, or is chrome, or carbon fiber look, and cover those eyelashes....
I will take mine to a Laser Clinic, and get those suckers zapped ! :D

·
Registered
596 Posts
I know MB is looking for numbers, but speaking for the Heavy Duty Truck crowd that carries a smart crossways - if this is longer it will be bad for us. The 450 was ideal, with the 451 we have to tip the car 27 degrees to get to 102" and a few load flat and chance it, but if this thing is the 3-4" longer that it looks = very few of us will buy them. Now we are only a few hundred, but in sales at my business I hate to lose any.

·
Super Moderator
28,834 Posts
Mercedes styling direction

This is a Mercedes photo of the new B Class:

and the new A Class:

Sort of a less radical version of the doors on the forvision concept. Seems this is the latest styling direction from Mercedes so wouldn't be too surprised to see some similar creases in the next gen fortwo doors. :)

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
This is a Mercedes photo of the new B Class:

Sort of a less radical version of the doors on the forvision concept. Seems this is the latest styling direction from Mercedes so wouldn't be too surprised to see some similar creases in the next gen fortwo doors. :)
it's not even a good-looking hatch -- just kind of a stubby station-wagon. I prefer the looks of the last get, or even the gen before that, A class.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
MB's new idea is stolen from you Know where... Can You Say Origami...
MB thinks if they make their car look like Origami, people will beat a path to there door...
MB What Are You Smoking...!!!???

·
17,384 Posts
I know MB is looking for numbers, but speaking for the Heavy Duty Truck crowd that carries a smart crossways - if this is longer it will be bad for us. The 450 was ideal, with the 451 we have to tip the car 27 degrees to get to 102" and a few load flat and chance it, but if this thing is the 3-4" longer that it looks = very few of us will buy them. Now we are only a few hundred, but in sales at my business I hate to lose any.
The 451 is already almost too long to park perpendicular in both Europe and in the USA. If it gets any longer it'll lose its party trick...

If they want it to have a longer wheelbase, just push the wheels out a tad more and keep it 451 length...

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,101 Posts
that whole big-crease thing is catching on [evidently]; the Korean cars are all sporting it along the side now, which means they copied it from somewhere!
Ironically, when doing some research on the next gen CR-V for my mom, I ran across the following:

What’s Wrong With This Picture: The 2012 Honda CR-V (In Concept) Edition | The Truth About Cars

"Has Honda been gazing longingly at the new crop of Kia crossovers? From the pulled-back, smoked headlights to the sharp Hofmeister kink in the C-pillar, this “concept” version of the forthcoming 2012 Honda CR-V looks like it’s been stealing cues from Peter Schreyer’s sharp-looking lineup."

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Ironically, when doing some research on the next gen CR-V for my mom, I ran across the following:

What’s Wrong With This Picture: The 2012 Honda CR-V (In Concept) Edition | The Truth About Cars

"Has Honda been gazing longingly at the new crop of Kia crossovers? From the pulled-back, smoked headlights to the sharp Hofmeister kink in the C-pillar, this “concept” version of the forthcoming 2012 Honda CR-V looks like it’s been stealing cues from Peter Schreyer’s sharp-looking lineup."
If it happened on a Korean car first, it's because it was designed out-of-country:rolleyes: Every day I see cars here with a complete hodge-podge of detailed lifted from Lexus, BMW, Mercedes and others. Since the same car tends to steal details of a number of others the results are often times akin to genetically splicing two dissimilar species -- and every bit as attractive. Lately, they gotten some decent-looking cars by going to their US and partner (in the case of Chevy DaeWoo) design studios. So, on the outside some of them are actually getting decent looking, but it didn't come from here.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,944 Posts

Smart's future starts to look increasingly clear through the last two prototypes of the firm, presented in Geneva and Frankfurt, respectively. But as often happens, the artistic license taken by its designers to ignore the economic laws of physics and slightly difficult to create a mental picture more or less solid, such as that offered by today the teacher Theophilus Chin.

His Smart ForTwo drink from both, taking the body of the recent ForVision and adding minor details like the grille of Forspeed and several more realistic elements, such are the door handles horizontal rather than vertical and larger floating mirrors and miniholes on the roof like the concept. The result manages to extract only a question from our mouths: When? Because it seems that it is time to retire the current model ...

Sourcee: Autoblog.

81 - 100 of 133 Posts