Smart Car of America Forum banner

101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,834 Posts
Interesting - the photo in post # 101 shows the plastic surround on the door handle. Seems to be missing on this Brabus rendering...not to mention the kink in the top of the door panel. Curious. :)

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Interesting - the photo in post # 101 shows the plastic surround on the door handle. Seems to be missing on this Brabus rendering...not to mention the kink in the top of the door panel. Curious. :)
The kink on the door panel is especially curious. I guess the level change from front to back can give the driver more visibility -- it's not just necessarily a styling cue -- it's can put there for functional reasons. My Matiz has one lower in the back, taller in the front, and F-350 has it the opposite direction. I always though it kind of damaged the flow of the lines on a car as though aesthetically, it's a bad place for a joggle.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
The kink on the door panel is especially curious. I guess the level change from front to back can give the driver more visibility -- it's not just necessarily a styling cue -- it's can put there for functional reasons. My Matiz has one lower in the back, taller in the front, and F-350 has it the opposite direction. I always though it kind of damaged the flow of the lines on a car as though aesthetically, it's a bad place for a joggle.
The F350 door is that way to hide the fact that the window won't go down any further. At least that's what it looks ike to me. We have several F350's at work and I have wondered about that style cue.

·
Super Moderator
28,834 Posts
I think the blue Brabus is an artist's concept - no source shown so I doubt it's from Mercedes. :)

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
I think the blue Brabus is an artist's concept - no source shown so I doubt it's from Mercedes. :)
I'm sure you're right. It's not all bad, just not fond of the joggled door window. Same thing on my Matiz -- I think the early ones were better looking -- I just never got used to the new ones with the joggle. It's just not aesthetically pleasing.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
This blue Brabus came from here:

Smart's future starts to look increasingly clear through the last two prototypes of the firm, presented in Geneva and Frankfurt, respectively. But as often happens, the artistic license taken by its designers to ignore the economic laws of physics and slightly difficult to create a mental picture more or less solid, such as that offered by today the teacher Theophilus Chin.

His Smart ForTwo drink from both, taking the body of the recent ForVision and adding minor details like the grille of Forspeed and several more realistic elements, such are the door handles horizontal rather than vertical and larger floating mirrors and miniholes on the roof like the concept. The result manages to extract only a question from our mouths: When? Because it seems that it is time to retire the current model ...

Source: Autoblog.
Wondering if Smark had something to do transforming that Passion envisioned by Theophilus Chin into a Brabus :rolleyes:

·
Registered
208 Posts
It's really starting to lose it's adorable (and unique) "baby shoe" profile and becoming more and more mainstream in it's appearance.

Soon, it will be just like all the other little cars on the road. You won't be able to tell it from an Aveo.

So sad.

donsgal

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
ah! it's wearing Argentine National Soccer team colors.

Door Handles resemble E92 M3 side vents

Cool Rear lights appear inspired by the main deflector dish on the NCC 1701-A. Alwayz a good thing.

De-badging the boot panel no longer looks optional. But... I dig how that badge is obviously gonna serve double duty as the boot-button. Hope those taillight cutouts don't cut knees, or wait; no, that's not a... one-piece liftgate... izit?

I looove the lower location for the license plate; on the bumper as God intended. Not on the back like a kick-me note scribbled on spaghetti tablet paper (Gen X-ers disregard previous sentence and imagine a "Down with OPP" sign instead)

Extending the tridion all the way to the 3rd brake light is bold.

Wasn't sure about the window sills at first because sill dips usually face forward for facilitating field-of-vision. But now I appreciate it, not just cause they needed it for height continuity of the front and rear body panels, but it also masks higher mounted side mirrors (good thing). Speaking of side mirrors; do they look like they're no longer door mounted? And will those windows still drop all the way into the door, or will they dig into elbows?

... Where'd dem door windowlets go?

101 - 120 of 133 Posts