Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hmmmmm Nice Look! Interesting one minute I got around pretty good.. Now.. it's like ok.... this is an interesting look... :D

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Not sure that I'm feeling the AG/SCoA love with this layout change, especially on mobile devices?

Appears that SCoA Supporting Members will be in for a change? Click on the tab below for more information.

Get Premium
http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/payments.php

Available Subscriptions

Regular - FREE

Premium - $23.99, yearly

Life Time Premium - $59.99

·
17,352 Posts
Not sure that I'm feeling the AG/SCoA love with this layout change, especially on mobile devices?

Appears that SCoA Supporting Members will be in for a change? Click on the tab below for more information.

Get Premium
http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/payments.php

Available Subscriptions

Regular - FREE

Premium - $23.99, yearly

Life Time Premium - $59.99
And there's a Plot Twist to all that: If you go to the purchase page, it says $30 will be charged to your PayPal...Where did that extra $6.01 come from?? :eek:

I like the new graphics, but it's definitely putting a strain on my eyes, colours are a little bit too washed out.

Also, there is no longer a link in the sidebar to view all threads with new posts, that's a big negative for me as that's how I do my posts.

·
17,352 Posts
I think if the grays were darker (they're almost white) or black, it would be much easier to process.

Definitely already missing the "Today's Posts" link. :(

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Absolutely, I really liked being able to browse the posts of the day without having to search each sub-forum. Just adds busy work. Waaaay too much white space and washed out links. Not everyone has perfect vision and the new look makes for more difficult reading. Might even discourage me from visiting as often.

·
17,352 Posts
EDIT: I was wrong, "Active Topics" just displays recent threads that are somewhat hot. No bueno.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I've been apart of other forums that upgraded their layout and most of them were actually improvements but this.... not really liking this. Everything seems too big. Also not liking the forum on the left... felt much better on the right.

Old layout was much nicer. If anything all the old layout needed was a banner update... and maybe colors update? not much since it was basically perfect.

Also i think there's too much scrolling to do even back on the old layout, maybe the sub forums shouldn't all be listed? The sections could be tidier and more clean looking.

·
17,352 Posts
Go to the bottom of the page, select "SCoriginal" instead of Smart Car Toucan.
That's the problem though. The old look was a bit outdated. The new look is nice and fresh...just broken... :D

Oh, and the old look is practically useless now. The sidebar from the new look carries over. :(

·
17,352 Posts
Oooooh, that is a neat feature! :D

But you can both "Like" and "Thanks". Overkill?

1 - 20 of 87 Posts