Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, SCoA! I bought my handy, dandy 2009 Smart ForTwo Pure in February of 2012 to replace my dying '96 Thunderbird... I'll never go back.

Being in Texas, I get lots of funny looks, people who like to ride too close and all kinds of laughs. When we all get to the pump, though, I have my turn to laugh! Oh, and when it's time to merge on the highway, there's always plenty of room for me! Woo!

Admittedly, I was looking at the Honda Insight for the 70mpg but this is way more fun!

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Hello, SCoA! I bought my handy, dandy 2009 Smart ForTwo Pure in February of 2012 to replace my dying '96 Thunderbird... I'll never go back.

Being in Texas, I get lots of funny looks, people who like to ride too close and all kinds of laughs. When we all get to the pump, though, I have my turn to laugh! Oh, and when it's time to merge on the highway, there's always plenty of room for me! Woo!

Admittedly, I was looking at the Honda Insight for the 70mpg but this is way more fun!
Just beware of amateur paparazzi's with their camera cell phones. I recall a number of them, one such young lady taking a picture of my car while she was driving. She knew i was looking and i gave her a smile back. These cars are a blast to drive, and oh yeah, be prepared for q and a sessions. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just beware of amateur paparazzi's with their camera cell phones. I recall a number of them, one such young lady taking a picture of my car while she was driving. She knew i was looking and i gave her a smile back. These cars are a blast to drive, and oh yeah, be prepared for q and a sessions. :)
A blast indeed. It's not unusual for me to go from Fort Worth to Austin and back in a day My boss enjoys the gas expense report for that.

The oddest question I've been asked so far, though, from a total stranger - "Hey, do you think you can give me a jump?"

Now, I was definitely not the only person in the parking lot, but this fellow with his enormous truck decided that the guy in the Smart car was the right guy to ask. Oi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts