Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home with a 2013 fortwo pure yellow edition. This will be the car my daughter will use for school/work. Had a nice 60 mile drive home at up to 80mph and was impressed at how it handled. One issue I noticed was that the drivers side rear view mirror jiggles a lot. The passenger side is fine. Is this normal or should I start a list to get fixed under warranty?

I plan on changing out the radio for something with bluetooth for her phone and getting some good all weather floor mats. Any suggestions? Also, what is a nice non window mount phone holder for this car?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Welcome to SCoA.

I just picked up my '13 passion in March.

The vibrating mirror, mine shakes a little, but not much. Had passenger side vibrate a lot at times and found out it was because door didn't close all the way unless you slam it hard or have the window open when slamming the door.

I bought the smart OEM all weather mats at the dealership and really like them. Cheaper than weathertech mats.

Non windshield phone mount, check out proclips. They have a mount that clips to the a-pillar. I'm using one for my ultragauge and am happy with it.

The floor mats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,566 Posts
I have had the smart all weather floor mats for over seven years and am very pleased with them. Also, welcome to SCoA from Florida!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome!

I too had a jiggly driver side mirror. I put three fingers in between the mirror and housing and popped the glass part off. I then used double sided 3M heavy duty tape (The brown double tape with the red adhesive strip) on the pivot base. Two small strips were all that was needed. I then pushed the mirror back into the housing until it snapped in place. Voila! No more vibrating mirror while on the highway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome! The naja King phone holder is interesting, what did you attach it to in the car?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A few more issues I have questions on. The left speaker will not be very loud when first turned on, balance is set to middle the right just overpowers the left. If I move the volume to 50% or more and then move it back to a more reasonable level it seems to fix the issue, but it will drop back to the left being subdued while driving and I have to repeat the volume movement trick. Also, the plastic trim behind the steering wheel but in front of the dash will not stay connected, I click it together and it pops back apart by the next bump in the road. I am attaching a pic to show it. It looks like there may be a spot on the bottom for a screw to hold it together? If so, what size screw is it?

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts