Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Newbie here just checking in.

My previous car (2015 Fiesta) was hit in the rear and totaled last week so I went looking for a new ride.

I had previously driven a Smart car over in Germany a few years back and had not been impressed, but saw a 2013 passion with 2600 miles advertised in my town and went over to check it out and really liked it.

The car had been previously vinyal wrapped and used as an advertising billboard and was not actually driven much and in fact still has the original plasic covering the carpet in the footwells, so maybe 4 years old now but as close to new as you can get.

Still has warranty on it untill March 2017!

Only drove about 40 miles today, but liking it all ready.

Found the forum here today and was really impressed. Already ordered a navi/stereo/gps unit from Ebay based on the other members recommendations, the first of many mods to come :D

Thanks for letting me join in the Forum !

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Glad to hear! It's hard to believe, but there are few cars that are truly as enjoyable to drive as a ForTwo. Yea... there may be SIGNIFICANTLY faster cars out there... but faster doesn't always mean fun. My parents own a 2001 Pontiac Trans-Am. And while it IS fun to drive... having to essentially crawl into and out of the car kinda kills that.

The Smart is just.... fun. no other way to explain it.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Wow, only 2600 miles! Now I feel like I overuse mine!

Welcome!!!!!! And I hope the mods don't break the bank!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to hear! It's hard to believe, but there are few cars that are truly as enjoyable to drive as a ForTwo. Yea... there may be SIGNIFICANTLY faster cars out there... but faster doesn't always mean fun. My parents own a 2001 Pontiac Trans-Am. And while it IS fun to drive... having to essentially crawl into and out of the car kinda kills that.

The Smart is just.... fun. no other way to explain it.
Yep, I really am getting a kick out of it.

I had actually made an offer on an SL500 down at the local car auction the day previous, but i returned to my senses a few hours later and decided that MUCH better gas milelage, lower maintenece costs and still a little bit of driving fun would be far better in the long run.

·
17,479 Posts
Thanks! Now I don't feel like I'm abusing mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
During the height of my driving Tucker, I was driving 5k a month. :eek:

I hope to never do that with Phil.

Welcome smartSC!!!!!! Hope you have a blast!!! :D:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcome Neonspinnazz !

Haven't been able to drive it this week much. Sat at the MB shop for two days getting the spare key programmed.

Finally just got the car back today.

I askd about getting a third key made... Uh no... and I plan on never ever loosing a key for this thing !

They want $220 for the key and another $158 to program it. Yikes !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts