Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone....confirmed my reservation the other day. I was told I should be able to get my Smart in the first 90 days of 2008. Hope they aren`t pulling my chain.

·
Registered
347 Posts
From one Michigander to another, Welcome!

There are a few of us from the mitten state that visit this forum often. I'm in southeast Michigan, west of Pontiac.
I'll catch you on the boards!

Bruce

·
Registered
198 Posts
Another Michigander....

Hello,
I'm from the southeast corner of Michgan. I'm actually closer to Toledo, Ohio than any big Michigan city. Some seem to think that the Smart Car will only be bought to commute in large cities, but I'm buying it to give me mileage equal to or greater than my Harley but to be able to be driven year around. I was torn whether to get the convertible or not, since I do have a motorcycle, but then decided that I'm also replacing my Miata I sold a few years ago, so I'd better get the soft top. Besides, as I get older it was getting harder and harder to get down into that Miata and climb up out of it once I was DOWN. (blush). I love the Smart fortwo, because it's just right for us oldsters.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Hi Harleyduo.

It's about time you posted again :)

Dave61353. Welcome aboard.

Lots of Michigan folks are now on this board. We need to do a count soon.

A2jack

·
Registered
347 Posts
Harleyduo, I know about getting down into a Miata. My wife had three of them. She now drives a Jeep Wrangler, easy to get into, but not near wide enough for my large girth (260 lbs!) and age (plenty!). Her Miatas were pure torture for me :eek:, but I fit just fine into a smart! :D

Propes, is Angelo's still with us? I haven't been there in years! Cool place, great food. I'm not a big fan of dry coneys (preferring the wet variety) but nobody does coneys like Angelo's. It's an experience!

A2jack, it would be great to get a Michigan group together once we get our cars. We could do a circle tour or some other fun tour. We've got five members right now just on this thread!

DAVE61353, again, Welcome! We're going to have a real blast with these little gems!

·
Registered
347 Posts
2smart4u2, it seems to be a lower Michigan thing. A Coney Island hot dog here is just a hot dog (usually the really good ones with the crunchy skins on them) with a beanless type of chili liberally glopped on top (wet variety) or the same with a heavily seasoned ground beef on top (dry variety). Served with chopped onion and mustard on them. Extremely tasty! Real "man food"! Add chili fries (french fries with the same chili on them) and you've got a real cardiac platter! Yum! :) We actually have a variety of restaurant here called a "Coney Island" that specialize in them! No offense meant to the real Coney Island in N.Y.!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Yup, Angelo's is still around. The original owner sold it a few years ago (finally retired), and the new owner opened additional restaurants, including some out of Flint. They they had a fight, and split. You can get the original Angelo's coneys now at either Angelo's or Tom Z's.

Last time I was in Flint, I had a "Coney Omlette" at the Angelo's near Bishop International. Not as good as the real gut buster, but interesting.

I found a neat little place in South Saint Paul (seats eight people) that has good coneys - a bit spicier than Angelos, but without as much mustard and onions... The real killer is that you can't get Kogel hot dogs here, but that's the price of leaving Michigan.

sisyphus, I'm going to use a soccer analogy: coneys may have been invented in New York (like soccer was in England), but they're no longer the best (see Michigan/Brazil). :D

For those who don't know, people in Michigan are really particular about their coneys. There are places in Flint with two or three coney places at one intersection, and they're all doing well. My Aunt hates Angelo's, but loves coneys - but only from her particular establishment of choice.

Propes, is Angelo's still with us? I haven't been there in years! Cool place, great food. I'm not a big fan of dry coneys (preferring the wet variety) but nobody does coneys like Angelo's. It's an experience!
gems!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hello from Michigan

Hello All.
Another new Michigan member here. I've been a member of the Canadian site for quite awhile, but have just been lurking here, so it's time I joined.

Sent my reservation in 3/19 am and recently confirmed my Blue Cabrio/Silver Tridion/Beige interior with heated seats, fog lights and gauges.

Impatiently waiting like everyone else, but hope to have the new smart in the 1st quarter of ''08.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hi, mismart! Welcome aboard! There's a lot to learn here and great people willing to share and chat about our favorite car.
You smart's color combo is great. It seems to be very popular, and with good reason. Good Choice!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts