Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to introduce myself. I'm a new member to this forum. I have always been a car nut. Owned and raced and '65 Austin Healey Sprite, owned 240, 260z and then switched to European cars. I currently drive a VW Jetta 1.8t which I will be selling when I get my new Smart Passion. I also drive and show an Audi TT Quattro Coupe.

I'm very excited to have reserved my Smart Car. While in Europe in 2006, we rented a Smart ForFour in Italy. Had a great time driving the roads and exploring the country side in Tuscany. From that time I was hoping they would bring the Smart Car to the States. Can't wait. I'm undecided on the color--I reserved a Black Passion with the Silver Safety Cell...but would consider white/silver cell or silver/black cell.

Does anybody know if there is going to be a Smart Car dealership in Philadelphia?

I'm looking forward to all the info that will be available on this forum. Congratulations to all who have reserved a Smart Car. I think we will be getting a very unique, safe car.:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
HI & welcome. From your background you sound like you will be able to jump right in. I two have been excided about smarts for a long time, but I have only been a member for a little wile, have learned alot form this goup of guys, and girls very helpful.
Glen

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Hello from Harrisburg PA. Dealer is suppose to be in Devon PA, five minutes from King of Prussia exit of turnpike. Enjoyed a test drive there.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I was just about to put their website address in the reply but it seems to have vanished. I'll call them tomorrow and see what's up.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
SD52: there'll be one in Cherry Hill, NJ as well. Lebanon will be a bit of a drive for you. Have you checked MB dealers in Allentown or Reading? Welcome aboard, BTW. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Smart Car of Devon, PA

Has anybody had any contact with the Smart Dealer in Devon, PA. I have been on their website and you can email them for information about the Smart Car. Just wondering if they are contacting people.

Are they going to sell the Smart at the MB dealership?

If anybody has a contact name please forward to me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
They are going to sell at the MB dealership in Devon where they had the road show. I doubt that any dealers are contacting people yet. They are all WIP right now getting their facilities built. If we're lucky they'll have their showroom cars by the end of December. Don't wait for them...make contact yourself and stay in close touch. 1-888-857-9895 Just ask who's selling the Smart Car. :)

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Smart Center of Devon's website was pulled until they can officially anounce they are going to sell the car. Contact the MB dealer.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
They are offically selling....just waiting for final documentation. Their Smart facility is under construction. Call the 888 numberf I gave and ask for Margy. She has one ordered too. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
M:
Thanks for all the info. I will call Margy and for sure get to the jewelers near Cabella's. I was just near there last week on business. So close but just didn't know.

I'm going to call the Jeweler and find out if he would mind of I came to look at the car.

Let's keep in touch. I work in Harrisburg on State Street near the Capitol. Fellow Smart guys should meet up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hope I can get a car in 2008. With all the reservations etc. I didn't reserve until end of September. It would be a real bummer if I had to wait until 2009.

I'm hoping that each of the dealers are going to get inventory and take care of the people who reserved before the guy coming in off the street. But money talks.

Same thing happened when they brought out the Miata. Everybody lining up (including myself). Had one on order for a long time. Then went into a dealer in York and they had a silver one. Bought it on the spot--no mark up etc. That was 1990.

If we all get our Smarts we will have to have a Harrisburg Smart get-together. That's cool your brother in law ordered one as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts