Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
Just joined today. I'm in The Woodlands, Texas just north of Houston. I spoke with the nice folks at Mercedes-Benz Houston and they state that they will be the dealership for the Houston area. This dealer is where the "road show" was held.

Hope we can get smarts soon!!

I'm in Paris several times a month and I just want to bring one of those twofors back with me!!! I know that the US models are slightly different but I visited a smart dealership in Paris and the European new models look just like the ones on smartusa.com.

best,
Jerry

·
Registered
834 Posts
I'm in Paris several times a month and I just want to bring one of those twofors back with me!!! I know that the US models are slightly different but I visited a smart dealership in Paris and the European new models look just like the ones on smartusa.com.

best,
Jerry
Which dealer, I have visited the one on Avenue Paul Doumer in the 16th and they were very friendly and helpful

·
Registered
347 Posts
Welcome, JetJazz!
I'm a recent member myself. You'll find great info here, as well as a nice bunch of people with a love of our favorite vehicle.
Haven't I seen you on some other smart forums as well? Pretty common for us smartophiles! Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which dealer, I have visited the one on Avenue Paul Doumer in the 16th and they were very friendly and helpful
Yes, that's the dealer. It's near the hotel where I stay. I'll be there again tomorrow. Maybe a test drive???!!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yes, that's the dealer. It's near the hotel where I stay. I'll be there again tomorrow. Maybe a test drive???!!
I envy you, we usually spend Sept through Nov there in Buci in the 6th but are unable this year and I really need a "fix"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Very cool. I'm also a new member from Houston.

I just confirmed my order today. Red/Silver Passion Coupe with Black Leather and all the options. :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the board! Do the European ones have that same acceleration hesitation the ones on the SMARTUSA tour have? What is there cost in USD?
Just returned from Paris today. Checked out the dealership over there. The smart passion runs about 14,000 Euro, about $19,000 US. Not sure what all the differences are. I noticed that the new body style over there is the same as the upcoming US version. I like the previous models best, the ones with the rounded rear fenders instead of the more squared fenders on the new ones. Maybe there will be mods available soon!!

Jerry
The Woodlands

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
Welcome Jerry and to the rest of the Texas crew. Used to live in Tx (12 years), and visited the Woodlands often! (Bruker Instruments)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome, JetJazz!
I'm a recent member myself. You'll find great info here, as well as a nice bunch of people with a love of our favorite vehicle.
Haven't I seen you on some other smart forums as well? Pretty common for us smartophiles! Enjoy! :)
What are some of the other good smart boards? (I thought all of the cool people already hung out here) :D

·
Registered
347 Posts
Also visit www.clubsmartcar.ca . It's the Canadian smart car forum. Really nice bunch of folks. They've been driving their smarts since 2005, so they've got a lot of good experience with them. Their cars are all 450 model diesels, so not everything will relate to our gas powered model 451s. As of right now they are getting the gas powered 2008 451s too, so expect to see some interesting comparisons as the new cars become more widely available there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts