Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined today to provide a separate posting on activating the Daytime Running Lights.

Bought a 2013 Passion, Brabus Cabrio, Matte Gray, Black Cell at the end of July. How much do we like Smart Cars? We live in Northern Virginia and were willing to go all the way to the MB dealer in Rochester, MN to get a good deal on one then drive it back home. Was very hard to find the configuration we wanted which started with Matte Gray and Black Cell. The Cabrio and lots of extras their model had was more than we were looking for, but ... a good deal all things considered. Definitely taking advantage of the extras.

Have been very happy with it so far and will be towing it behind a 25' Leisure Travel Van Unity RV built on the MB Sprinter chassis. Thus the username and license plates. Have been reading a lot of the SCOA postings on what to and not to do- Great info!! Will probably have the closest Camper World install the tow bar system.

Take Care---

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,491 Posts
I would like to hear more about the matte grey Brabus. For 2013, they are only offered in black, silver, or white with a matching tridion. Did your dealer do a panel swap?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Z06-LITE: No panel swap. Matte Gray was a 'special color' for 2013 and was selectable on the SmartUSA site. Was immediately and ultimately drawn to get the Smart Car when we saw the color on the car we ended up getting at MB of Rochester, MN. What we found in June and July was people were finally realizing this was a limited color making the vehicles increasingly difficult to find across the US.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the Welcome.

In my Garage, I put one photo of the car with it's RV buddy and one shot from the rear showing our dog in the 'rear seat'. She loves the view. Neat color and color combo, right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts