Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my name is Cody. I purchased my smart back in october of 2013. Just always like the look of them and how unique they were. I live in Asheboro North Carolina and would be interested if there is anyone else around with smarts or clubs or anyone that has modified theres in any way. I work at a body shop here in town so I have access to all the paint and tools I need. So I've turned my smart into a play toy painting and adding things little by little as I have time.

So far I have:

Painted the stock wheel covers matte black. A cheap temporary solution before forking out the big bucks for some Genius Newtons.

Aries front bull bar

Hella 500 fog lights

Headlight, tailight and 3rd brake light covers tinted / can easily be popped off

Tinted windows 20% all the way around

Blacked out the emblems front and rear

2 smart car racing tow hooks for the rear bumper

Haven't done anything to the interior yet, planning on getting the seats recovered, a double din gps touch screen to replace the radio, and probably paint some of the silver trim black.

Would really be interested in joining a local club or getting in on some group meets within a few hundred miles. Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks Great! I am in WV, we have quite a few meets around northern Va. you could come up for. I am always up for a drive also, we could plan a meet up in VA or NC sometime. Welcome to the club!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Check out "outsmarting the Dragon" threads, you're not that far from it and you'll meet a lot of smart drivers there. I'll be there this year (4th time).

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
You are missing a fun meet in Ohio this weekend but there will be a Midwest Rally in Iowa early in June and Outsmarting the Dragon in August. You can meet some fun smart owners that love to share their enjoyment of and experience with smart cars.
I enjoy seeing you enjoying your smart. You might want to put a splash of color on it somewhere...you know...so you can find it on a newly asphalted roadway. Yellow is a good color. ;)

edit...I forgot to mention that yellow cars are faster!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts