Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just joined in on the fun. lived in europe for 20 yrs know the smart well. ordered on 19 march have received confirmation msg from smartusa.

·
aka '24-42'
930 Posts
Which model Citroen ?

Imagine a Smart with "DS21" suspension. It would blow an American's mind.

They have no idea what I'm talking about.

Donald LaFavor

·
aka '24-42'
930 Posts
My apologies to those who know, and you have my upmost esteem.
Funny, of my small list of who would respond in kind, your names were on it.

You guys go on my "Buddy" list.

There are those who are "Smart"..... and those who aren't

Donald LaFavor

·
Registered
183 Posts
My stable currently contains a CX Pallas diesel with a nice little '58 2CV to keep it company. At 12 HP the little guy makes the smart look like a race car.

·
Registered
347 Posts
2cv

Ah, I've always wanted a "Deux Cheveaux". (I hope I spelled that right!) Alas, they are now becoming collector cars in this country, if you can even find one! Or a nice DS19. Or even a humble 4CV Renault. TONS of character! :D

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Welcome from another Boise smart

citroen, welcome to the club from a current smart car owner in Boise. My wife and I were the first to get one in Idaho, buying a G&K converted 2003 smart passion in Seattle and driving it home to Boise in March 2006. We love the car, and fell in love with them while on a trip to Europe a few years ago.

Check out our smart car club at http://www.smartcarclubofidaho.com/ and join us since it sounds like you may have the first 2008 model in the area. There are about 7 of the earlier models in the valley, plus a dealer on Main street selling the G&K converted models.

Tom

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
I do, too!

Which model Citroen ?

Imagine a Smart with "DS21" suspension. It would blow an American's mind.

They have no idea what I'm talking about.

Donald LaFavor
I never knew what it was called but have seen it in action on a real car. It levels the body as the car goes up or down a hill, right? :eek:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks to all for the welcome. i have a 1971 2cv6 charleston that i had sent over from germany a few years ago. has 40K orig miles. the only one in idaho as far as i know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts