Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone I am new here and just recently got a 09 cabriolet and am loving despite a few issues.

I was wondering if the replacement tops come with the frame or not(mine needs some work as one cabe is gone and the other may get replaced at the same time.
only thing is I don't know where the switches are for the top(been looking at it and am wanting some advice before I order anything)

it has a oil leak around the valve cover or head(I'm thinking its the head not haven't looked at it yet fully yet) but it has a slight blue smoke out the back otherwise it runs strong.
I did get a warranty contract through my dealer for it in case it needs any major engine work.

I hope to make a few friends on here and can enjoy being a member here(I was on a Cadillac forum till some of the new members kept trying to run me off so I just stopped going on there.

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,698 Posts
Welcome from Florida!! It is good to have you on board. I also have an '09, but a coupe, so not familiar with the soft tops. I believe the top switches are on the console just in front of the shifter. I am sure some cabby owners will be along soon to answer all your questions.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the welcome.(I’m glad to be a member)

I was referring to the switches in the rails for the roof.(that’s what’s got me a bit confused)
The console switch works fine.(one motor is working)
Only thing I am being bugged by is it not closing fully(about a inch from fully closed)
I’ve been putting a tarp on it so I don’t have to worry about rain till I can get it fully working.

·
Registered
254 Posts
hi everyone I am new here and just recently got a 09 cabriolet and am loving despite a few issues.

I was wondering if the replacement tops come with the frame or not(mine needs some work as one cabe is gone and the other may get replaced at the same time.
only thing is I don't know where the switches are for the top(been looking at it and am wanting some advice before I order anything)

it has a oil leak around the valve cover or head(I'm thinking its the head not haven't looked at it yet fully yet) but it has a slight blue smoke out the back otherwise it runs strong.
I did get a warranty contract through my dealer for it in case it needs any major engine work.

I hope to make a few friends on here and can enjoy being a member here(I was on a Cadillac forum till some of the new members kept trying to run me off so I just stopped going on there.
Welcome big E a lot of us have been here since 2008 & before.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Already have got started on upgrading the radio(speakers are on the way once I’ve decided on the radio and sub I want I’ll get those ordered(debating on the jl audio or going with a diamond audio sub)
I seen the video on the top but was wondering if the replacement top came with the frame rails or not(will likely be starting a thread on this as I need to post some pics of it)
Plus is the previous owner did a few upgrades (horn and radiator fan) along with put new brakes on it before I got it(brakes look new in the front)
Definitely enjoying it to say the least.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts