Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this form the benzworld.org forums:

New H7 bulbs part # A0009980007 are available (80% more light and 30% more road surface illumination for high beams) – recognized by their chrome-plated lamp cap and can install into all H7 halogen headlamps.
No price info, can't vouch for the specs, etc. but it may be worth checking out if you'd like a little more light from your smart's headlights. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
You can get Philips X-Treme Power bulbs, and the more-or-less equivalent Osram Nightbreakers, from Car Bulbs, Headlight Bulbs, Xenon Bulbs from Philips and Osram, Philips Xtreme Power, Osram NightBreaker globes - Powerbulbs.. Powerbulbs also sells their stuff on eBay sometimes. I've had both types in my Saab for the last couple of years, and they're a nice improvement over stock bulbs (H4 for the Saab). Neither one will last as long as a regular bulb, though. Personally, I like the Nightbreakers a little more since the light out of them is a little whiter.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I had SilverStar ULTRAs in the high beams of my last car and they were great. They were definitely brighter and whiter than normal H7 bulbs. If you put them next to standard H7 bulbs, they looked almost pure white in comparison.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I just put in The cheaper of the two Sylvania Silverstar sets, and have been pretty happy with them. Very white light compared to whatever came in the car. I might even get a set for the fog lights. I almost never use my high beams.

With fogs and high beams on (I haven't gotten any kind of lighting update that I have been reading about, so I can -illegally- have high, low, and fogs on) I don't think anybody would need brighter for them, I could light a stadium.

I'll get photos soon.

GreyMatte- Where in Philly are you from? I grew up in Willow Grove, and my parents live there still. Used to do a lot of work in the city too.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm actually in Hatboro and my grandparents lived in Willow Grove!
No way! My parents just moved into Hatboro like 2 years ago. Maybe a football field or two away from Upper Moreland Middle School. I'll have to PM you next time I'm down there visiting- I live in Rhode Island now. My parents are actually driving up from there this weekend to visit me.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I got HID from HIDLOOKS.COM they are great and the ballasts are AC, not DC like most are. They are supposed to be more reliable than DC ballasts. DC ballasts are cheaper to buy, but not much.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts