Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I just leased a new 2012 Smart car from Smart Bloomfield in April and am loving every minute of it. I was saddened to see there is no active Smart group here in Michigan. I would love to organize a group where we can get together once a month for a little day trip in various parts of the state each month to just drive around, grab some food, and show off our Smarts.

Would like to know who all would be interested, please share your name and e-mails. Hopefully we can get a good number to make it worthwhile.

I will be in touch if we can get a good number.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just pick a time & place and see who shows up. Say Kensington Metro Park, Flagstaff picnic area, 2pm, June 3rd, and see who will rally around the flag.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Michigan needs a Smart car Club.

We still get a few cars turn out each year for the Dream Cruse despite no active club.

A Smart club built around outdoor activity's in summer and helping each other push out their cars in winter, would be great. (We run snow tires and Smartie runs through the snow like an Arctic Cat. so just kidding here) :D

Good luck building a group and keep posting here, and on the other forums. :) A2Jack

·
Registered
523 Posts
I am still confused on why I have to go to the indiana club to get to a "smart car get together" Recently Went to auburn, in had a great time. Are you going to tell me that there isnt any museums in michigan worth going to???

·
Registered
49 Posts
Weather is nice and roads are clear (since everyone is on vacation). I think it's time for a get together.

I'll start off by asking where everyone is from to get an idea on a location for the meet. I'm in the Macomb area and there are a couple of places to meet up; Metro Park, Stoney Creek, Partridge Creek (not a park but its a place to start from) and a couple others.

Let me know who's interested and I'll see if I can put something together for us.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
1,186 Posts
I'm in Belleville/Ypsilanti area, but I'll be gone thru next weekend and again for a week or so for the Dragon.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm in the Saginaw area, always open for a gathering. I'll be at the Dragon too. If only our group was adventurous, The Tunnel of Trees is a great driving road and with a stop at the Famous Leggs Inn, it would be a hoot. (Petoskey / Harbor Springs Area)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm in the Saginaw area, always open for a gathering. I'll be at the Dragon too. If only our group was adventurous, The Tunnel of Trees is a great driving road and with a stop at the Famous Leggs Inn, it would be a hoot. (Petoskey / Harbor Springs Area)

That's up near the U/P right? I would be down with something like that. Would be great if we could get 10 or more cars together for it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hi all,

Just got back from the Dragon, well half of me did, the car is still there getting repaired from battle with a drainage culvert.... LOL Anyway, who's up for a fall run to Mackinaw City and for an overnighter and then run the "Tunnel of Trees" with a dinner or lunch at the famous Leggs Inn? (polish restaurant) Doesn't have to be to Mackinaw, but the Tunnel is a must do. Could be anywhere really, Boyne, Petoskey, Harborsprings.

Just a thought

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
1,186 Posts
I'm sure I will be there for at least one weekend, but I don't know which yet. Sorry.
I know, trying to pin me down is like trying to nail down jello.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts