Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a filmmaker in New Orleans, LA, currently producing a feature film for which I am in need of a Smart Car. This film is being made for next to no money so we cannot offer compensation besides the cost of gas, but we would be so appreciative of your help! If you are interested in helping out the New Orleans film community please let me know. We need the car for one day, on an upcoming Friday or Saturday of your choice. Thank you!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
None of the airport rentals handle smart cars that I know of. Will pass on this post link to a group in the new orleans area on smartusainsider to see if there are any takers.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I am a filmmaker in New Orleans, LA, currently producing a feature film for which I am in need of a Smart Car. This film is being made for next to no money so we cannot offer compensation besides the cost of gas, but we would be so appreciative of your help! If you are interested in helping out the New Orleans film community please let me know. We need the car for one day, on an upcoming Friday or Saturday of your choice. Thank you!!
and if you just give me your bank account details and pin numbers I can deposit the money for the gas straight into your account :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, that did sound really sketchy now that you mention it! Now I feel silly.

But...if anyone still cares for an explanation, a feature film refers to the length of the movie and calling it that is no indication if its budget. The reason we have no budget is that we are artists with big hopes and little resources. The ultimate goal is to get into a big-time film festival, and sell the film for theatrical release. The script calls for a smart car for one scene, so I was hoping to find a smart car enthusiast who would help us out only for the joy of seeing his/her car in the movies! Clearly, the owner would meet me first in a public place (to be sure I am not a con artist) and would also be invited to be on set with the car, and I or one of my fellow filmmakers would be liable if anything were to happen to the car.

I hope that clears things up.. If nothing else, I've learned that smart car owners have quite the blunt sense of humor!

·
Registered
1 Posts
E mail me

Hi! Please email me... [email protected] Happy to!
Well, that did sound really sketchy now that you mention it! Now I feel silly.

But...if anyone still cares for an explanation, a feature film refers to the length of the movie and calling it that is no indication if its budget. The reason we have no budget is that we are artists with big hopes and little resources. The ultimate goal is to get into a big-time film festival, and sell the film for theatrical release. The script calls for a smart car for one scene, so I was hoping to find a smart car enthusiast who would help us out only for the joy of seeing his/her car in the movies! Clearly, the owner would meet me first in a public place (to be sure I am not a con artist) and would also be invited to be on set with the car, and I or one of my fellow filmmakers would be liable if anything were to happen to the car.

I hope that clears things up.. If nothing else, I've learned that smart car owners have quite the blunt sense of humor!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts