Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2011 fortwo passion I see comments regarding 451,450 and 453 can someone enlighten me how I know what I have??? I’m having trouble with the check engine light coming on, put a tester on it and says it is the secondary air pump so I bought new one and also new air filter and after installing and clearing the code I drove about 20 miles and the cel is back on!! Any ideas????

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes sorry it’s been so long the light finally cleared and then it came back on yesterday but noticed the pump noise doesn’t come on when I start the engine will this hurt to drive it like that also then the tire light came on so replaced all sensors still didn’t help thinking replacing the module

·
Registered
89 Posts
I believe that the switching valve that turns on the air pump might be defective. It is a common problem. The part costs about $35.00 & is not too hard to change. Hopefully, someone else will post a photo.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I thought maybe since our temperature was up to 75 the last few days that maybe the pump doesn’t work at that temperature

1 - 7 of 7 Posts