Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
I recommend using ceramic front brake pad. No dirty dust. Good braking power. Since day one my smart car has achieved 36-38 mpg. 91 octane fuel. Gotten over 40 mpg, on highway, using 93 octane. Modern car are usually broken in, after 6K miles. I owned enough of them to know. Change your spark plugs, air filter. Replace the cabin filter too. Estimate your fuel economy, tank to tank between fill ups. I use Mobile One synthetic oil, and filters.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
I don't really trust mobile 1 stuff or Castrol. I'll use total, Valvoline or Liqui Moly. Next week all the filter and the complete brake system will be changed so it should be fine. Elkebono pads I believe. I don't know which spark plug I should use, maybe Denso plugs? I don't drive my car hard so don't understand why my mileage is worse than a stupid Mitsubishi mirage
I own 5 vehicles. I Use Mobil 1 synthetic, in all of them. Japanese, Korean, German, and Italian cars. Nothing wrong with that brand of oil. Smart recommends it. Been using it in the smart car for 11 years now.

Denso spark plug are fine. Have fun replacing them.

Our Honda Fit, and Fiat 500, achieve just the same, sometimes better fuel economy. Then the smart car. The Honda Fit highway miles, will get up to 40 mpg, On regular gas. The 500, I’ve seen 38 mpg. 91 octane.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.