Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Congrats on getting a fairly rare car for peanuts! I have a 2009, and have never gotten anything close to 36 MPG, with a Scangauge to help monitor it, and lots of fill ups since '09 under lots of different driving conditions. Okay, maybe I've gotten 36 MPG when driving on I-5 to and from San Diego to San Francisco, but I usually drive pretty fast, so maybe not. :) Good luck trying to get 40 mpg - these cars are more about city parking than fuel economy. This is a topic that has been beaten to death over the years on the forum. Many members report much better fuel economy than I have gotten. As for your panoramic top, mine got pretty bad so I had it replaced. $900 for the top, $300 for the installation. My car only has 36,400 miles on it and goes in for service annually because of the few miles it gets every year. Some might say lack of driving it is why my MPG isn't stellar. Anyway, it still looks new and I love it, especially since installing the same size wheels and tires all around. Lots of info on the forum about that. It improved the handling A LOT, but perhaps results in lower MPGs. Anyway, enjoy!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts