Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was looking to change some things about my car, like a new set of wheels. I was hoping someone could answer a couple questions I have regarding this. I’m looking to get the genius 15 in 5.5. Should I keep the tires that came on it or opt for tires of the same size?

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,564 Posts
I am a big fan of the same size tires and wheels on all four corners. In addition to being able to rotate them, I just like the look of all four being the same. I have been running 215/35-17 tires on 17x7.5 wheels for years on my car with no issues.

Good luck with whatever you decide and welcome to SCoA.

·
Vendor
3,591 Posts
Hi, I was looking to change some things about my car, like a new set of wheels. I was hoping someone could answer a couple questions I have regarding this. I’m looking to get the genius 15 in 5.5. Should I keep the tires that came on it or opt for tires of the same size?
Honestly, you could either way. If the tires you currently have are still in decent shape you could transfer them to the new wheels. On the other hand, if you get a new set of tires to par with the new wheels you now have a full set of spares that are ready to bolt on.

Let us know if you have any other questions

1 - 3 of 3 Posts