Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

2 weeks in with our softtop. It's the white/green mix(our request for black on black was atleast a 4 month wait) At first I was put off by the extra 5k in build price for the softtop. But after having it these past 2 weeks (this is just my opinion) You'd be crazy not to get the softtop!

Love the car. I do hate the stupid statements people make.

"it's tiny", "it's slow", "you can't go very far!", "it takes forever to charge" etc etc etc.

Range has been consistently around 120km,which is what i've come to understand is sort-of normal for warmer weather and we don't plan on commuting with it in the winter much.

The only "issue" we've had was last weekend when some country bumpkin in a lifted ford diesel raced ahead of us on the highway, got in front of us, then downshifted so his ****ty tuned turbo diesel spewed unburnt fuel smoke at us

Overall i've found that the ED is like a moped. I'm sure you're aware of the old adage. You know what, all my friends loved my old moped when they took it for a ride. They all love the ED after they go for a spin.

·
Super Moderator
11,222 Posts
Their statements show their lack of knowledge about the smart products. Some people can not or will not be educated. don't worry about them and enjoy your ride!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've had my Smart for 4 months . It's a gasoline version...electric would make no sense here.

I got some comments until I let people sit inside and see how roomy it is:

How any clowns come with that?

Where's the rest of it?

Does it mow the lawn too?

I think you are going to enjoy your car. It's a hoot zipping around town, and an absolute jewel to park.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congratulations MKUNIAC. "SMART" move, (pun intended) hehe

RE: The black plume probably was $1 worth of fuel, lol losers.

i picked mine up on about 3 weeks ago. i have driven it 1300 kms (*sheepishly* pardon my canadian metric units :p )

my SUV average is (was) 12L/100 KMS, gas here in Toronto costs $1.359/L. this was 3 weeks ago..

based on the above numbers, i have saved about 156 L of gas which translates to (156*1.359) 212 dollars worth of gas. !!

so, keep a track of the miles you put on your ED< do the math and enjoy the savings..

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
so, keep a track of the miles you put on your ED< do the math and enjoy the savings..
You know, I track all this with the gas car and the electric, but never thought to put in a cell that calculates how much it would have cost for gas? I'll have to add that. Great idea. ;)

Where's the rest of it?
I have a great answer for that one: "In my checking account." Gets the point across that I'm saving tons while they're not. Most people are taken aback by that, but it certainly makes them think. :)

On the soft-top issue, I kind of wish I'd gotten the soft-top for the ED. I have a 2008 ICE Cabrio, so I know how nice it is, but figured the second car didn't really need that. Now that I'm driving the ED more often than the ICE, I'm missing it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts