Smart Car of America Forum banner

New smart car center in Des Moines, Iowa!

7K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  stevo2008 
#1 ·
Yep, for those of you who don't already know, it's official: Des Moines has it's first-ever smart center! It became official a couple of days ago (on Friday, 5/15/15), and things are looking up for Des Moines and Iowa smart car owners, as well as "future" smart car owners -- often people with whom many of us spoke whose enthusiasm waned a bit when they learned their dealership would be in Omaha, not Des Moines (or even Iowa)! So congratulations and a big "thank you" to Ed, the General Manager at Mercedes-Benz of Des Moines, where our smart center is now located! Perhaps there will even be a television commercial in the near future (?)...

#5 ·
Kudos

I have to give these guys a thumbs up as far as parts go. Since buying a used 2009 Passion I have needed a few parts. I can say the Parts Manager Chris is very responsive to emails and has provided me with excellent service. The entire parts department staff is friendly and willing to help. I recently ordered some parts from an online source and they sent me the wrong bottom hood latches. I bought the correct ones from the dealership and the price was comparable. Even the fuel pump I had to replace on my wife's 2012 was comparable to what I paid on Ebay-not too overly priced. So, if you are a do-it-yourself-er I would give these guys a shout. Oh, and parts is open on Saturday's as well which is nice. They do have a broad selection of new and used Smarts on the lot as well.

S

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.